CSV File from Etsy not wanting to upload....HELPPPPP!

BGordon7789
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi There! I finally was able to obtain my listing csv from Etsy after they had deactivated my listings (so was unable to download myself) - for some reason, when i try to import the CSV file it says it is not recognized and I am unsure of what I need to do...PLEASE HELP!! I have attached the link to the CSV through Google Sheets.  Any advice is much appreciated!!

Replies 5 (5)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @BGordon7789

Tira here to help. Welcome to Shopify and congratulations on moving forward with your business. 

You’re on the right track. After you export your product data, customer data, and order data from Etsy, the next step is to use our Store Importer App to import your data. Here are the steps from our help doc:

• From your Shopify admin, click Apps > Store Importer (You can install it to your store from our App Store, here).
  • On the Import your data into Shopify page, select Etsy from the drop-down menu.
  • In the Upload files section, click Add file and select the exported files.
  • Click Continue import > Import.
  • Under Upload files, click Add file and select the exported files.
  • Click Continue import > Import.

If the import is successful, you’ll see your product, customer and order data available in the Shopify admin. If it wasn’t, then you will need to add the data manually. Check out our help doc for common error messages and how to resolve them.

Check out our full guide on migrating from Etsy to Shopify here.

I would love to know if this helps you achieve what you want to do.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

BGordon7789
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi Tira - I understand how to upload the CSV and import, but for some reason I keep getting an error message concerning the CSV and I can't determine what needs to be fixed.  Can you please help?

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for getting back to me, @BGordon7789. I noticed that you provided a link to Google Sheets and I believe this is your CSV file. I don’t recommend putting this on a public forum as it could contain sensitive information. Are you able to edit your post to remove the link? If not, I can do this for you. 

To help you with your question, I recommend taking a look at the list of errors mentioned in the help doc I provided earlier. To make it easier for you, here’s a screenshot of the list of errors that can occur when importing from Etsy to Shopify:

21-05-zw7r4-q51yc

Do any of these errors look similar to the one you’re seeing? If not, what is the error you receive when you use the Store Importer? Please don't screenshot any sensitive information from your CSV. 

Please let me know what that is and I’ll investigate this for you so we can resolve this together.

Chat soon,

BGordon7789
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi Tira - I did not think of the potential issues with posting a link...I am not sure how to remove or edit the post, so if you could assist I would super appreciate it!

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @BGordon7789.

We've gone ahead and removed this link for you. 

Cheers,