CSV Import Error default title already exists

Kiwiboy
2 0 2

I'm trying to import a csv product file and am getting this error message "Line 2-4: Validation failed: The variant 'Default Title' already exists." none of the products have any variants. What am I doing wrong. 

Cheers Glenn

ZacWyatt
Shopify Partner
53 2 10

Which app do you use to do this? App Ali Reviews also has "import from CSV file" feature. If you use another tool and caught some problems. You can try Ali Reviews instead. It also provides free time trial so you don't have to worry about payment risk 

FireApps - Premium e-commerce solutions come together for your growth
0 Likes
Kiwiboy
2 0 2

I didn't use an app.   I'm not importing from another site or list I'm typing it in google sheets.  I just have about 50 products were the only difference is the title.  I downloaded the sample csv and used that.  The first one I did worked but this ones not working. 

Niki-ON
3 0 0

I am having the same issue. None of my products have variants and I am getting this error every time. When I try just one product on the CSV it uploads perfectly fine. This defeats the whole purpose of the bulk import though.

0 Likes
wend
4 0 0

Did you ever figure an answer to this? Like you, I can import one product, but not more than that. 

My store opens in two days and I have to get these products to the Point of Sale - any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
g33kgirl
Shopify Partner
223 59 71

@wendhave you seen this: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Help-Product-CSV-File-Upload-Error-Validation-fai...

If you found my answer helpful, please LIKE and ACCEPT.
buymeacoffee.com/g33kgirl ☕
If you're not comfortable with code, please modify code files at your own risk.
Do NOT give out your passwords unless absolutely necessary.
0 Likes
Niki-ON
3 0 0

Hi,

This is the answer I got from Shopify support which solved my issue. I was trying to add 2 product photos in bulk for items and needed to have each row for the second product image totally clear besides image link. Hope this helps! shopify support.png

0 Likes