CSV Import - Multiple Images

Hugh_Walker
Tourist
3 0 2

How can I specify multiple images when doing a CSV import? I've tried comma, space and newline delimiters but it always comes back saying only one image will be imported. Is it possible?

Hugh_Walker
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi All,

I recevied an answer from support on this as below...

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for writing. It is possible – you just need to have one image on each line of the CSV with the corresponding handle in that field. If, for example, a product has only one variant but three images, all the product data and the first image would be on line 1, while lines 2-3 would have the handle, the subsequent image URLs, and nothing else. Let me know if that works for you!

goodsite
7 0 0

Can I get a confirmation that this in fact works...

0 Likes
Hugh_Walker
Tourist
3 0 2

Yep, sure does.

0 Likes
Christos_Koulas
2 0 0

anyone have any thoughts as to why I would need to delete a product and re-import if I update a .csv to include more pictures.

I.e. the overwrite command will not import the new product photos. You have to delete that product and re-import to add say 3 more pics to a previous product.

0 Likes
tahiralvi
Tourist
10 0 0

@Hugh_Walker Yes this is worked for me. Thanks for sharing.

0 Likes
angelasom
2 0 0

What does "handle" refer to?  To clarify, I add another line in the file underneath the product, and put the additional image in the Image Url field and then do I fill in any other fields?  Thank you for your help on this!  Angela

0 Likes