.CSV Import - not getting variants?

UFI911
8 0 0

I've searched the forums and the web to no avail.

I already have my products setup in my store, now I'm trying to add variants.  Many of my variants are the same between multiple products, so it seemed logical to export my products, touch them up in excel, and bulk upload them back into the store.

I added the variants I wanted to a single product, then copied the cells to another product.  Looks good, the import wizard says it is importing multiple SKU's, but after the import there aren't any variants on the "updated" item.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Here is a link to the two .CSV files.  The Shopify Export.csv contains the product I manually added the variants to and Import Test.csv contains the product I'm trying to add the new variants to.

http://www.bigrocktrees.com/ShopifyCSV.zip

I'm very new to Shopify, so maybe I'm missing the obvious? 

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

-John

0 Likes
UFI911
8 0 0

Edit... I realized I missed the "handle" field on the items I was trying to add with the import.

I added the same handle as the 1st item in the file, on import it appeared more sku's were going to be imported.  But after the import I still don't have any variants ???

-John

0 Likes
Joshua_Erber
1 0 1

John,

In your .CSV, the variants have to be directly under the product. They can't be put at the end of your .CSV. I just realized this as I'm trying to do the same thing.

Thanks!

-Nathan

ecephalonbrian
1 0 0

Joshua, I know this was ages ago but thank you for your comment. My issue was in fact that all of my variants were at the bottom of my CSV after sorting by Type, resorting based on the Handle fixed my import!

0 Likes