CSV Importing Nightmares

Highlighted
Tourist
30 0 2

Hi, I'm having a nightmare trying to import my products over from Volusion. I've downloaded the demo CSV file and populated what I can from an export from Volusion but I keep getting.

• Illegal quoting in line 13.
  • Invalid CSV Header: Missing headers Title.

Even if I delete line 13 it still says theres an error, can anyone assist a newbie to Shopify.

Thanks,

Grant

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
71 0 10

Hi Grant!

We have an awesome CSV troubleshooting doc which addresses both of your questions.

• For help with the Invalid CSV header please take a look here
  • To fix the illegal quoting on line 13 take a peek here

You can find the complete troubleshooting doc here:

https://docs.shopify.com/manual/products/import-export/common-import-issues

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
30 0 2

Hi Jennifer, Thanks for the prompt reply, I've had a look at those sections already but forgive me for my neivity i'm not quite up to speed with the system yet. I'll take another look at the file unless I get any offers to look for me :-D.

Love the Shopfy system, just wish there was an easier way of importing from Volusion, it's gonna take a while to get this lot live.

Thanks,

Grant

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
71 0 10

Hi Grant,

I'm happy to take a look at your csv for you! I'm going to reach out to you off of the forums :)

We do have an excellent app for migration from Volusion to Shopify call Cart2Cart. You can see the app on our app store: https://apps.shopify.com/cart2cart-volusion-to-shopify-migration-module

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
30 0 2

Thanks Jennifer, I had a look at that cart2cart yesterday and read some bad reviews, plus theres the cost element. I'd rather work a way of doing it myself to avoid all that if possible.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
30 0 2

Have now given up, spent a day trying to maniplulate a spreadsheet. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
123 0 5

Dear Grant,

Upload your CSV file which you are tyring to upload to shopify here. I can have a look and give my suggestion.

Rohit

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
25 0 3

Hi there,

Have you ever thought that you should make another migration from Volusion to Shopify? I think using a better tool can help you to fix your problem!

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
25 0 3

Hi there,

They are in 2 different database structures, so when you try to import CSV file manually, you can face to many bugs or data double, or st like that. You will waste time to fix or delete. So you are advised to use a migration tool. I suggest LitExtension Volusion to Shopify migration serivce https://apps.shopify.com/litextension-volusion-to-shopify-migration-tool

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 2

Hi!

If the topic still is valid, you can use this appliction: Bulk Import Export Update with Excel. You can import Excel file into Shopify. No need to work with CSV. Everything is imported very smoothly as long as you follow the Import template: needed columns.

Happy to help, if needed.

Regards!

Jelena

0 Likes