CSV Product Import not complete, no errors

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

I've done my first import of a product csv. After cleaning up the errors it finally started importing. It got through 213 products and seems to have stopped (nothing has changed in 12 hours). I did not receive a email saying that it failed or had any errors. The import has 10x that number of products. Where do I start in terms of figuring out what happened?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
598 40 90

Hey, there. 

My name is Ren from the Shopify support team. Thanks for reaching out with your question. 

It sounds like the trouble you're running into could be related to the size of your file. Product CSVs are limited to less than 20MB in order to be able to upload successfully to Shopify. You want to aim for around 15MB. Based on personal experience, I recommend dividing up your CSV and uploading it in sections, keeping to around 2000 products per upload.

As for the time frame, you can expect it to take anywhere from a couple of minutes to hours, again depending on the size. You'll know you've been successful when you receive an email notification after the completion of the upload. 

Let me know if it stills appears to be unmoving or stuck by tomorrow and we can take a closer look at what's going on! Here's our help document on CSV uploads in the meantime. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Ren, thanks for the response. The file is 6.8MB so I don't think the file size is the reason.

Digging around the file I found a row that likely has an error in it. My concern is finding these errors is a bit of a needle in a haystack without any sort of notification to where things broke down.

Thanks, Jim

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey, we have same issue.

1600 products in CV file 2.9Mb file, when uploading message saying: 1,028 products with a total of 875 SKUs and 1,028 images

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
598 40 90

Hi @holamedia

Ren here from the Shopify Support team, hoping to help you out. 

I'm going to recommend cross-referencing your CSV with one exported directly from Shopify to double-check that all of your lines are correct. Even finding one example of an incomplete line can help you determine the issue overall. A common error to consider is whether you specified an image position for products that don't have an image SRC. All of the ones that didn't initially import will need to be checked to ensure that you either have both columns filled or neither. Example here. 

Let me know how that goes or whether you require any clarification. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes