CSV files for price update

svig
Tourist
15 0 3

Hi, just need to clarify something before export/import with CSV. If I want to update prices for all variants for few products with a SCV file, am I correct to assume :

1. I just need in the import CSV file the following fields : the  "handle" field + the "Option 1 value" field that represents the size + the "variant price" field, so basically three fields in the csv import file ?

2. I just need to include only the products that I want to change and not all products from the export file ?

3. The CSV import file built that way will only update the products included in the file and will not delete all products not included in the file ?

Thanks

0 Likes
channelup
Shopify Partner
330 14 47

Hi

In terms of variants you need to include ALL the variants even if not changing information. If you do not they will be removed from the product and only the ones you included on csv left.

Regards

Tom

Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io
0 Likes
svig
Tourist
15 0 3

Hi, thanks, this is clear for me, however if I have 100 products in total and I include only 10 products in the file, the 90 other remain unchanged or are scratched ?

Txs

0 Likes
channelup
Shopify Partner
330 14 47

Hi

If you don't update other products they won't be removed. What I mentioned is variants as if you update some you need to make sure you have all of them in csv file no matter if you are editing or not as they get replaced with whatever is in file. Please test this out be doing a test import with some dummy product data and check for yourself before importing larger files.

Regards

Tom

Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io
0 Likes