Calculating shipping rate with Boxify

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am using Boxify to calculate real time UPS, FedEx & USPS rates on my shop.  Problem is that the real time rates do not display!  Anyone else have a problem with this?????  Some of the calculations are over $100 off and really running off my customers.  Any suggestions as to how to fix this or maybe switch to something else.  Our problem with rates is that we ship often very long items, often with special handling.  It is difficult to set a fixed or even graduated rate but I am considering it.  My store is about 18 months in and really starting to show promise.  I need to fix my shipping rate problem.  I will take any suggestion.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi @Lisa-in-MT ,
We are able to resolve this problem on our website by using https://apps.shopify.com/primary-parcel

Its works real time and does a lot more.

Hope this helps! 

@Lisa-in-MT wrote:

I am using Boxify to calculate real time UPS, FedEx & USPS rates on my shop.  Problem is that the real time rates do not display!  Anyone else have a problem with this?????  Some of the calculations are over $100 off and really running off my customers.  Any suggestions as to how to fix this or maybe switch to something else.  Our problem with rates is that we ship often very long items, often with special handling.  It is difficult to set a fixed or even graduated rate but I am considering it.  My store is about 18 months in and really starting to show promise.  I need to fix my shipping rate problem.  I will take any suggestion.  Thanks.

Regards,

Saumya

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Lisa-in-MT,

This might be because Boxify doesn't support calculating special shipment rates. You will have to confirm that with the Boxify support. 

Since you are using FedEx, you can check out the FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking app to handle this. The app supports calculating FedEx rates for special shipments as well. It also helps in handling the complete FedEx shipping process by showing live FedEx rates at checkout, printing FedEx labels in bulk and also handle FedEx Tracking.

0 Likes
Highlighted

The rates with a difference of more than $100 may be because of the packaging type. For example, the items may not be going in the correct box or multipel boxes are getting selected and as a result rates for multiple boxes are displayed which are resulting in such high rates. To solve this problem, you need to make sure that the products fit perfectly into the boxes. Then the next step is to confirm that if your products are very long, then will your app fetch rates for freight shipments? With the Multi Carrier Shipping label app, you will be able to pack items effectively in boxes. In addition, it has freight support so if extra long items are there, automatically carrier freight APIs will be called and you will get the exact rates.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Lisa, I'm having the same problem. Were you able to resolve this? I am really curious to to get out of this jam.

0 Likes