Calling Liquid Pages

101 0 0
How does one call a liquid page that was created and uploaded? Not an old tempalte page but a new one. events.liquid Thanks,Mel
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2002 0 41

thats not a feature in shopify yet.

Tobias Lütke - Shopify CEO // http://twitter.com/tobi
0 Likes
101 0 0

you’re kidding me? There has to be some workaround?

I have three external pages that I would really need to get into the site so that it mirrors the other pages.

Is there a way to add HTML into the pages or the blog? Maybe I could fake a page?

I really need a solution on this. I’m down to the last minute before the launch.

0 Likes
101 0 0

Shopify and vision allow me to add the new liquid pages and then upload them and they show up in the admin. I just need one little teeny weeny way to link up to them. surely there has to be a way,

Come on tobi – don’t let me down now. I have come this far just to hit a brick wall. without this shopify won’t work for me.

0 Likes
101 0 0

Ok Tobi-Wan-Kanobe,

I have managed to figure out a way to use blog & pages to create my html pages. I have stripped
<h2 id="page-title">{{page.title}}</h2>
<div class="article-body textile">
  {{ page.content }}
</div>
leaving just the
 {{ page.content }}
I then went into any page that was created on the page & blog and added the code back in. I hope that this will be ok with shopify; however, launch is coming and I had no other choice than to find a workaround. Let me know what you think. I’ll be glad to show you the site and code.

thanks, Mel

PS: Still looking for a resolution on only posting a certain image out of the three uploaded.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
253 0 0

For the most part, hope they don’t add the ability to use your own liquid template pages; it would take away from the simplicity of the system.

The way you have set up your page.liquid is ideal. The HTML should come from the pages you have set up in the admin.

Cliff Spence
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2002 0 41

Pages should be a good fit for CMS situations.

You can currently upload extra liquid templates but you can’t really put them to use.

There are some liquid improvements down the line which will make it more clear of why shopify accepts those.

Tobias Lütke - Shopify CEO // http://twitter.com/tobi
0 Likes