Can I add multiple cost prices to a single product?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Trying to set up a horse rug, the different sizes cost us different cost prices from the supplier, but its the same product, and so we'd like to list them in one listing, as variants. We can see where you can enter multiple customer prices for the variants, but not different cost prices? New to Shopify so apologies if we missed something really simple!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
103 8 19

@CS-EMP  If you click Edit, on each variant, you can enter the Cost per Variant.

Best Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
269 23 39

Hey, @CS-EMP!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

It totally makes sense that different sizes of the same product may cost you different prices when purchasing them from your supplier. You can absolutely track each variants cost separately in your admin. When you have multiple variants of a single product, you will see them on the product page in the admin, and have the option to edit them as seen below: 

20-02-a4fyh-dqt9f.png

When you click on 'Edit', you'll be able to add in a cost for the specific variant you've selected: 

20-02-ho2q6-g8zs3.png

You can also toggle between your products variants, and add in a different cost for each: 

20-02-cse0v-3mnd5.png

Here is some more information you can check out on working with Variants in your Shopify account. Send a reply here if you have any further questions, or need any with setting up your variants. I'm happy to continue our conversation.

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thabks so much both, we'll give it a go!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have two similar questions. However, it is for an identical product. The cost of the product has gone down since I bought it last. So let's say I bought 1,000 of Product A in January at $5.00 cost which is what currently reflected. Now, I have 500 units left and I am ordering another 2000 units, but the product A now costs much less, let's say $2.50. Is there a way to sign two costs to this identical product, i.e. $5.00 to the remaining 500 units and $2.50 to the additional 2000 units? Also, if I change the cost, would this change be applied only to the future sales or is this retroactive and my cost of goods sold for the previous months change as well, hence changing my P&L for the previous periods (which I don’t want).

0 Likes