Solved

Can I change my EIN number in the admin?

lapadula
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello,

Could you please help me changing my EIN in Shopify Payment.

I just recently established a New Business name and LLC.

Regards,

Accepted Solution (1)
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @CosmoHippie,

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our support team here and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @lapadula,

Nick here from Shopify. I made your reply it's own topic as it merited one!

It is possible to change your EIN number, but it is something that our team will need to look into and review. Because of this, the only way forward is to reach out to you by email directly to verify your store details. Some things to remember is that it must be the account owner, If a staff member is asking to update the details, it's not possible and must be the account owner. If you could also have the reason for this preparation. You mentioned recently established a new business which makes sense for this. 

If for any reason you didn't get an email, please let me know! 

All the best, Nick

lapadula
Visitor
3 0 0

Thank you for get back to me.
"Nipon Sriin" and link: https://lapadulastore.com/
Regards,
Nipon Sriin

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Thanks for getting back to me @lapadula.

I edited your post to remove the details so they are not public. I got your email and have sent your ticket to the correct team to review. Once they have an update they will be in touch with you directly via email. It can take a few days to review though, but someone will be in touch. 

CosmoHippie
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello I would like to change my EIN to my new one. The IRS issued me a new EIN number and I need to update it with Shopify for tax purposes. Please let me know who I can do it before it’s too late. 

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @CosmoHippie,

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our support team here and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!