Can I choose a location for fulfillment

Highlighted
2 0 1

I have a small store where I fulfill orders from either NY or VA.   I currently go through the process of disabling one location and activating the other when I need to ship from a different location so that the shipping labels originate from the correct location.   I do not track inventory.  Does anyone know if using multiple locations would allow me to choose from where I fulfill the order so that the shipping label will originate from the location I choose?    

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
141 20 23

Hi, @Avidog.

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

Using multiple locations does allow you to choose which location to fulfill orders from so that you don’t need to continue activating and deactivating your them. As well, the shipping label will reflect the fulfillment location chosen when you have multiple locations activated. Let me walk you through how to set it up.

The first thing to do, is to have both of your locations activated in ‘Settings > Locations’. Please modify your locations so that “Fulfill online orders from this location” is checked on both locations. It looks like this:

11-21-h3r14-c104q

Next, please make your existing products available at each location you want to fulfill your orders from. For products where the inventory is being tracked by Shopify, this is adjusted from your Shopify admin in ‘Products > Inventory’. We have a Help Doc here with the step-by-step instructions on how to do this. 

However, since you mentioned that your product inventory is not being tracked, please make your products available to fulfill from both locations, by going directly to each product listed in 'Products > All Products' from your Shopify admin. This is edited in the inventory section of your Product page as seen below:

11-36-m7a86-pfp3w

Now when you receive an order, your default location will automatically be the fulfillment location. However, when you are ready to create your shipping label and fulfill it, you have the option to change the fulfillment location. This is found on the top right hand side of the order, as seen below:

11-45-rlzbw-r5prl

Hope this all makes sense! Let me know if you have any further questions or comments.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 1

Helen,

Many thanks for your explanation. I will try what you describe and get in touch if I have any problems.

All the best,

Marcy 

1 Like
Excursionist
96 0 9

Hi, my app Location Based Fulfillment https://apps.shopify.com/location-based-fulfillment might be able to help you. It allows you to automatically change the fulfillment location of an order based on the order's shipping address.

Check it out and let me know what you think

0 Likes