Can I close my store?

2 0 0

Hi  I made a shop here and it failed so I was planning in closing my store but I decided I would pause to maintain my brand, my school was going to start so pausing was an option. when I paused my store, after a few months I forgot about my store and then suddenly a few days ago I received an email that I was going to be charged for 9$ in Shopify, I want to close my store since I can't go back and can't afford to open the store anymore. I wasn't charged because I got only a few bucks left on my card, right now I want to close the store but it wouldn't because  I have to pay 9$. Is there a way to close the store without paying 9$? I didn't open it for a few months so I did not use any Shopify services. If possible I would want to close my store without paying it because I can't pay for it and I did not use Shopify in any way. If I was using Shopify I would pay for it but I not.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
919 95 153

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like your store is now in a 'frozen' state, meaning it won't attempt to bill you again unless you attempt to log back in. We attempt to bill you three times before freezing your store. 

If you'd like me to confirm that the store is frozen, and no further billing will be attempted, please share the MyShopify URL for the store, and I can email the account owner with more information on the account. 

I hope school is going well! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

https://commonstreetco.myshopify.com/ here is the link.

Actually, I am the one who owned the store I am currently 19years old and in my first-year of college Thank you for the reply I hope you can help me in my situation.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
919 95 153

Hi! I've emailed the account owner with some options. 

Thanks! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes