Can I close online store before trial end?

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
446 55 75

Hi, @whytgiant

Are you not able to find the option to cancel your store when going to ‘Settings > Plans and Permissions (or Account)’ like in the screenshots above? 

If you have a billing method added to your account, which it sounds like you already do, you must officially close the store before your trial period ends in order to not be automatically billed for your first month’s subscription. 

The store will become frozen when the trial ends only if the subscription payment fails, or no billing method has been added to your account in ‘Settings > Billing’.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi

Yes, that is exactly what doesnt work for me. So I click the close store button and it asks for my password but as I enter the correct password it says that it is incorrect which I know it is not.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
446 55 75

Thanks for following up, @whytgiant. I’m sorry to hear you’re having such trouble with this!

Could you please first confirm that you are logged in as the Store Owner while trying to cancel the account? Only the Store Owner is able to make sensitive changes to an account such as cancellations, therefore be sure you are logged into that store profile. 

If you are, then the next step is to reset the password on your account by following these instructions. Once your password is updated please go through the cancellation process again using the new password.  

Let me know how it goes!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

It worked which is very weird that it only worked only after my payment was done. Not satisfied at all.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
446 55 75

That’s great to hear that you were now able to successfully get through the cancellation process. Thanks for letting me know, @whytgiant. However, I can completely understand your frustration with the experience, therefore, I am sending you an email to discuss it further. Please keep an eye out for it.

Thanks,

1 Like