Can I have 2 stores on one shopify account?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

Hello everybody!

Me and my partner want to start selling in another country but..

We don't like the idea over langidy, weglot, etc. because it just doesn't do the work we would like to. So we decided to open EXACT same store as the original but in another language with another domain "example.it".

Now we wonder..can we manage 2 exactly the same stores but with different language on one account?

We are willing to pay another plan for the second shop but we need to manage our SKU as if it was from one store. Also the look of the store will be the same.

I read something about shopify reducing price for second shops..but no solid information about that.

Thank you all for your answers in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
48 6 34

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ZigaF!

I hope that you are doing well.

This is currently only available through Shopify Plus. If you are not a Shopify Plus member, you will need to have separate Shopify account for each store. :)

Hope this helps!

Karl Jones | Team Lead, Technical Support, Shogun
support@getshogun.com | Try Shogun Page Builder for Shopify for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

Ugh..don't like it..any known pricings for this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
48 6 34
Hi!

I believe this is custom pricing, it'd be best to have a chat with the
Shopify Plus team about this. You can get in touch with them through their
contact form on their site: https://www.shopify.co.uk/plus

Hope this helps!
Karl Jones | Team Lead, Technical Support, Shogun
support@getshogun.com | Try Shogun Page Builder for Shopify for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

Thanks alot!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
269 23 39

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @ZigaF!

Ash here from the Shopify team.

It is absolutely possible to open a second store that is exactly the same as your existing store, but in another language. You're also correct that Shopify offers a multi-store discount! The multi-store discount is only available to merchants who need additional shops that are identical to their initial shop, but in another language or currency- so it sounds like you will qualify. The way the discount works is that your first store would need to be on the Shopify plan or higher, and then your subsequent store(s) would need to be on the same plan, but you get them for the cost of the plan below. For example, if you had two stores, and your initial store was on the Shopify plan for $79/month, the second store would also be on the Shopify plan and get all of the included features, but for the price of the Basic plan which is $29/month. 

As for managing your SKU as if it was from one store, an app or some sort of customization would be required. For a custom solution, I would recommend hiring a Shopify Expert for assistance. Shopify Experts are trusted, third-party agencies and freelancers who are available for hire by Shopify merchants to perform customizations, as well as other tasks.

We can also check out our Shopify App Store for some other options. Here are some apps worth checking out for syncing inventory between multiple Shopify stores: 

When you have multiple stores on Shopify, if they use the same email address to log in, you can quickly switch between the accounts with the single sign on feature. This single sign on is called a Shopify ID, and we have some more information you can check out on this feature here. This feature can definitely be handy when managing multiple stores simultaneously. 

I'd love to hear more about the products you sell, and know what country you're trying to expand into. What was the major driver to this decision? Let me know if you have any further questions about the above information, or if you run into any areas where you need assistance. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

Whow!

Thanks for the detailed explanation on how Shopify plus works! We are currently selling consumer electronics but we are gonna add some custom made items that we are gonna sell in our shop. We are expanding to Italy - tho the time isn't quite right with COVID-19 going around, but we would like to prepare for selling at least. 

I already contacted Shopify plus CS and I am still waiting for them to reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
269 23 39

Hi, @ZigaF!

I'm happy to help out! Just to clarify, my post above is not regarding Shopify Plus. Everything I outlined is available on our Shopify plan ($79/month) and above.

While @Karl_J is correct that Shopify Plus offers the built-in ability to have Expansion Stores, my previous post explains how to manage a second, identical store in a different language or currency on our non-Plus plans. It's still great to hear you're interested in Shopify Plus though, as it may be a great fit for your business. While you're waiting for a reply from our team, here is some more information on the additional features available on Shopify Plus.

I totally appreciate that the timing isn't quite right to launch the second shop, but it's great forward thinking on your part to get things ready for the future! Feel free to reach out, or reply here if you have any further questions or need any assistance along the way. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
210 8 26

Yeah, Shopify Plus can offer a lot of advantages for sure, but it's not cheap and definitely not for small businesses.

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 9

Hi @Ash 

Can I also ask, we are looking to add a second store to focus specifically on a regional audience for our existing products. 

It will be ''identical'' as in similar, not 'identical' as in a mirror of our existing store  - so it will have a different theme, UX and a subset of our product range etc. Do we qualify for this Shopify discount?

We are currently looking at other ecommerce platforms for this new store as we refuse to pay a full 2nd Shopify fee on principle and everyone knows Shopify Plus is too big an overhead for any small independent etailer [this is the problem with Shopify - its always looking for more cash out of its merchants instead of adding more value that in turn gets merchants to invest more in the platform]. 

0 Likes