Solved

Can I integrate domain with Developer store?

techypooja
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

Hello,
Can I integrate domain with Developer store? how much time that live developer store will work? Please help me out as soon as possible

Accepted Solutions (2)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @techypooja

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community!

Yes, you can connect a domain to a development store. This is done from within your Shopify admin by going to ‘Settings > Domains’. From here you can choose to purchase a domain from Shopify, and then the set up is automatic. 

You can also connect a third party domain here, by first editing the domain's DNS settings on your domain hosting site to be as seen below: 

20-03-an6h4-oluyd

The full steps for how to connect a third party domain are in this Help Doc. Please contact your domain provider if you need assistance editing these settings.

A development store is available to use in development status for as long as you need. Take a look at our Partner Help Docs on development stores for more information on it’s features and limitations. 

When the store is ready to be handed off to your client, see here for the steps on how to do that.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

rsdimitrov
Shopify Partner
94 8 29

Hi @techypooja 

Screenshot 2020-04-01 at 11.14.09.png

Screenshot taken from https://help.shopify.com/en/partners/dashboard/development-stores

The documentation Helen linked to says that you don't have to upgrade to a basic plan.

This happens when you transfer the store. Before that you can't process anything but test orders or install paid apps.

I help family-run Shopify stores increase sales from existing traffic Learn More
Problem Solved? Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? Let me solve it for you: rumen@rumendimitrov.com
Did my answer save you time? Buy me a coffee, please 🙂 paypal.me/rsdimitrov

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hi, @techypooja

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community!

Yes, you can connect a domain to a development store. This is done from within your Shopify admin by going to ‘Settings > Domains’. From here you can choose to purchase a domain from Shopify, and then the set up is automatic. 

You can also connect a third party domain here, by first editing the domain's DNS settings on your domain hosting site to be as seen below: 

20-03-an6h4-oluyd

The full steps for how to connect a third party domain are in this Help Doc. Please contact your domain provider if you need assistance editing these settings.

A development store is available to use in development status for as long as you need. Take a look at our Partner Help Docs on development stores for more information on it’s features and limitations. 

When the store is ready to be handed off to your client, see here for the steps on how to do that.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

techypooja
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

Hey helen,

I already have domain, Can I integrate already purchased domain? Do I have to update development store to basic store [$29 / month] ?

rsdimitrov
Shopify Partner
94 8 29

Hi @techypooja 

Screenshot taken from https://help.shopify.com/en/partners/dashboard/development-stores

The documentation Helen linked to says that you don't have to upgrade to a basic plan.

This happens when you transfer the store. Before that you can't process anything but test orders or install paid apps.

I help family-run Shopify stores increase sales from existing traffic Learn More
Problem Solved? Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? Let me solve it for you: rumen@rumendimitrov.com
Did my answer save you time? Buy me a coffee, please 🙂 paypal.me/rsdimitrov
techypooja
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

Thanks @rsdimitrov 

@rsdimitrov wrote:

Hi @techypooja 

Eltrino
Shopify Partner
14 0 9

The solution is no longer applicable since custom domains have been removed from development stores.

noahfaro
Shopify Partner
11 0 4

Why was this feature removed?

For context, I am building a custom app for a Shopify Store and want to test it on a full, production ready Shopify store. However, when I try to create a real Shopify store that has products that are free so that I can test my app, it the store immediately gets taken down by Shopify.

Since I can't add a domain to development stores anymore, what is the best way to do this then if I can't make a real store either?