Can I remove the Facebook app and keep the Facebook pixel?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

I added a FB pixel to my store, and in doing so it felt like Shopify forced me to also add the FB app to my store.  The FB app KILLED my store's speed:  It went from 66 to 46 overnight.  Can I delete the app or will that also remove the pixel?  Any work-around?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
871 72 204

Yes, it's quite common to just run have the pixel script, then track the results in your Facebook business account.

The pixel is just a piece of code that sets cookies and gathers data for tracking your marketing performance.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

There was no place for me to paste the pixel id in Shopify. I think Shopify may have changed the process to force people to download the FB app... Perhaps I'm missing the right area tho?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

There was no place for me to paste the pixel id in Shopify. I think Shopify may have changed the process to force people to download the FB app... Perhaps I'm missing the right area tho?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
871 72 204

You should be able to change it at Online Store > Preferences. If not, you can always just add the pixel code to your theme.liquid file, and also in Settings > Checkout > Additional scripts . That will make the script load on all pages of your website. 

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes