Can I shop one items using two different pull down menus?

Optix
5 0 0

Here's the use case I need some advice for. 

Say I'm selling sneakers. 

I want to be able to let my customer buy by size and color, but also by individual sku number that corresponds to that size and color. For reordering, my customers tend to just want to shop by the product sku. My developer has mentioned that shopify can only function one-way or the other. A pulldown menu (in my case-Sku#) is not able to influence the other two pull downs. Meaning if my customer wants to shop by their sku it may look like sku# NIKE9.5BLK/RD for Nike | size 9.5 | color red. If the customer used a pull down shop by sku, the other pulldowns on the page would have to sort to Size: 9.5, Color: blk/rd. Again I'm told shopify's pull downs can't influence other variants. Conversely, I would also want the function the opposite way. If a customer chooses, size 9.5, color: blk/red I'd like the sku pull down to match the correct sku number. 

Anyone have advice? I can show a live sampling on my site. For example purposes its easier to use sneakers as the item. 

0 Likes
satsinghrana
Shopify Partner
118 11 16

Hello @Optix 

This can be achievable using javascript, Whenever any drop down changes it will make the combination and select the exact SKU for it.

Let me know it you need to discuss this in details.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Hire for Custom Shopify Solutions, Apps development or Any kind of Web development work.
See our Shopify Apps: HERE
0 Likes
Optix
5 0 0

Hello satsinghrana, 

Sorry for the delay. Yes, I'm eager to know more. What kind of details do you have? I have no idea what it takes to implement this. 

0 Likes
satsinghrana
Shopify Partner
118 11 16

Hello @Optix ,

Greetings!

To implement it need to add some customisation on the product options, It required to do Javascript coding according to the theme structure, Explained you the workflow above that how it can be done. If you are familiar with javascript you can do it using the above workflow let me know if any other help is required. You can show the live example as you were saying in above post.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Hire for Custom Shopify Solutions, Apps development or Any kind of Web development work.
See our Shopify Apps: HERE
0 Likes