Can I start my own business on shopify development store?

Highlighted
2 0 0

So I created a development store in shopify and I have done pretty much everything. I wanted to know that can I start my business with this store or I have to buy a new plan to start? If I do start will it break rules? Can I do business with my customers with this developer store? Thanks In Advance <3

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
384 37 105

Hi @SyedTanjeem,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. Development stores are not really made for this purpose, although we can make amendments to the store to allow you to handover the store to yourself, in essence. Normally when you handover a store to a client, you would earn a revenue share of the subscription payments made to Shopify, but doing this for a store you run yourself would be a breach of the Partner agreement.

I would recommend contacting our support team directly so you can be authenticated and then this change can be made so you can use the store moving forward.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

So I can't sell products on my development store?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
384 37 105

Hi @SyedTanjeem,

You cannot accept orders from real customers, no. Development stores are there for testing purposes and cannot be used to receive real sales whilst you are not on a paid plan. You'll be able to work on the store on this plan for as long as you need, and then when you are ready to start accepting payments and orders from customers, you can choose a paid plan to start selling for real.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes