Can I use shopify for orders only? Not payment?

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

I need a shopify site to list products only.  I will obviously pay the $30/month fee.  But do I have to accept/use credit cards for the orders?  My products do not require payment.  Is this a thing?  Shopify without accepting payments?

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Maybe you can price your products to zero so they dont get charged ???

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Is this my only option?  anyone else know?

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

If you download Gempages builder in the app store

And create your custom product page in gempages

You can delete the Add to cart and buy it now button, so your page only shows product image and description 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

I still need to be able to receive the order as if its a normal order.  I just don't need to accept payment.  So I setup a "Manual payment method" which shows up during checkout.  They can select it.  But I can't also turn off credit cards.   When I try to Manage Shopify Payments to deselect everything it says I need at least one.  I don't want one. 
screenshot_008.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

I found it at the bottom of the page, Deactivate Shopify Payments.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
184 14 51

Hi, @lostinspace and @wangtengmike!

Olivia here from the Shopify Team.

I came across this thread and I wanted to make sure there were no further questions in regards to the set-up you are seeking.

It's totally possible to use Shopify without using our platform to transact funds via credit card as you have figured out, @lostinspace.

Step 1 Disable Shopify Payments

Step 2 Enable Manual Payments

1. Head back to Settings > Payments.
  2. Set up your chosen manual payment method

This way the order will come in as per normal, and you can still fulfill as you need to. Let us know if you have any further requirements for your custom set-up and I'd love to help you figure out a solution.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like