Can I use stripe if I am from stripe unsupported country but have LLC in USA?

Not applicable

How do I do that if I can't choose stripe in third-party providers because in the USA you can choose only Shopify payments but for that I need SSN but I am a foreigner?

Replies 4 (4)

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @Anonymous!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Which country is your business based in? You can find a full list of payment gateways by country in this guide. It's important you select a payment gateway from the list that is available for your own country to avoid disruption in service. If you're not located in the US, you can't use a US payment gateway.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Not applicable

I am from Croatia, but my business is located in the USA. So can I use stripe, because Croatia is an unsupported country for stripe, but in the USA you can only use Shopify Payments and not Stripe? So how can I use Stripe?

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @Anonymous!

Stripe is not available in the US, it's Shopify Payments which is powered by Stripe but a different gateway.

You need to choose a payment gateway specific to the country you're physically located in. If you set up Shopify Payments with a US address but you're always logging in from Croatia, they will end up putting your Shopify Payments account on hold and potentially cancelling it, which can disrupt your business. This is because of the agreement Shopify has with our banking partners. 

When you're setting up Shopify Payments from the US, you need an EIN (Employee Identification Number) and US-based bank details. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Gallards
Visitor
1 0 1

@Aria

Hi, I have the same problem with @ anonymous, Im from Qatar and have US LLC, EIN, US bank account & stripe account. But I am always logging-in Qatar. what do you recommend? is there any news/update from Shopify when we can use stripe account without getting hold? thanks for the info.