Can Shopify allow a cookie consent to deny Shopify cookies

4 0 0

Hello @Brie 

App added and running on the site, but some questions:

- Is the APP really controlling if the user doesn't accept cookies not to add them in the browser?

- Second question, how can I translate this link?

Biogirasol_0-1605615100958.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
478 29 80

Hi, folks! 

@PatrickAlessi - Regarding downgrading to sessions cookies vs. blocking cookies, this decision has been cleared by Shopify's legal counsel that deals with privacy related matters. The team is considering a version that would block cookies, however there is no firm decision or timeline on that yet. Regarding the issue with Google Tag Manager, can you confirm that your shop has the GDPR control turned on in your Online Store > Preferences?

@Biogirasol - Regarding app behaviour, when a buyer clicks on "Reject" they keep the session cookies (it does not remove or block them). Hope that helps! For translating that link, please provide a link to the page where you see that and I'll take a look for you. 

Cheers! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
5 0 0

@Brie I don’t think you understand my question. How do I activate Consent and upgrade a users cookie from session to permanent? What exact script do I need to run an a user grants consent? I have read the consent API documentation and tried running the code but the cookie remains a session cookie.

0 Likes