Can a collection send you to a product page directly?

Highlighted
Tourist
25 0 2

Hi, I have 2 collections on my homepage, and 2 products on my store. When I click on a collection, it takes me to a page in which I have to click the product again to get on the product page. Is there a way for it to send me directly on the product page? 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 20 186

Hey @Ramy91 !

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify.

It sounds like you have a Collection List on your homepage. All current themes are sectioned and you can choose which types of sections appear. If you'd like people to be able to click straight to the product, it sounds like a Featured Product would work better for you or a Featured Collection which would still allow people to click straight to the product page.

If you'd like to make this change, go to Online Store > Themes > Customize in your admin. On the left-hand side, you will see the list of sections you're using. Click on 'Add Section', near the bottom:

Look for 'Featured Product':

If you would like to remove a section, click on it first then:

You can find more information on managing themes in this guide

If that doesn't quite answer your question, please let me know. If you provide the URL for your store, I can take a look at it for you.

How are you getting on with your business otherwise? Do you have any promotions organized for Black Friday/Cyber Monday or the holiday period in general?

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
25 0 2

Hi, Aria, thank you, I do not have any plan for the upcoming holidays really because it's my first ever store haha

With the "Featured Collection", both my collections appear one on top of the other, but I would like to have them right next to each other like

The look I'm trying to achieve is the one from the Collection list, as you're going to see on the store

Here's my store, the password is plawly: https://nisekao.myshopify.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 20 186

So this is what you're trying to achieve?

19-11-qsswj-jc051

What are you still trying to achieve that you haven't figured out already?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Aria I have the same problem with Remy I want to achieve this look but with "products" not collection, I want it in a way that if I click the product it will take me to the product page not in a collection page that the buyer needs to click the product again in order to go to the product page itself.

PRODUCTS.PNG

I want it to function like "featured product" but featured products stacks the products, I want the product to be beside each other like shown in the Collection list. Please do help 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This is HTML / CSS. You can implement it yourself if you learn Liquid (Shopify's templating engine) and some HTML, CSS, and in this case especially, CSS Grid and Flexbox. You can youtube tutorials. If not, you'll need to hire a developer to do this for you, or buy a paid theme you really like.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 20 186

Hey, @ninjatuna112 !

If you'd like a list of products on your homepage, you can use a Featured Collection as I mentioned above. This is what it would look like: 

20-06-zlhu2-qi8vt

If you'd like the title to be Products, it's easy to just change that.

Do you think that will work?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

What I want to happen is that when the customer clicks the product it will take him directly to the product page

, if I will just change the name to product collections, when they click the product it will still take them to a collection page then they need to click the product again in order to go to the product page

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 20 186

Hey, @ninjatuna112!

Yes, that is correct. With a Featured Collection like I mentioned above, it's essentially a Collection on the homepage so it's displaying a row of products. When you click on one of those products it takes you straight to the Product page. 

You also have the option of just putting a Featured Product on your homepage if this is what you prefer. I recommend you use the Add Section function I mentioned and play around with what each section type can do. 

Does that make more sense?

0 Likes