Can any one explain how to optimize title tags & HTML to make a Shopify site SEO?

1 0 0

Can any one explain in VERY simple terms how to change/optimize title tags & HTML to make a Shopify site SEO?

I'm trying to figure out how to make a Shopify site SEO friendly, but I'm having trouble finding answers. I want to change title tags to include keywords, add keywords to the HTML and optimize meta data. How do we do this on Shopify? I'm technology illiterate. Please help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 52 115

Hey there,

Bo here from Shopify Support!

That is a really great question, SEO can be tricky to figure out and to be honest it is a constant process. SEO is a long-term investment and I would recommend starting off by taking a look into our Beginner's Guide to SEO.

We also have apps such as SEO Manager and Plugin SEO that can help you get started with getting your store fully optimized. Both apps can be found in our fabulous little app store, the home to all of our best apps!

As for the title tags, ensure you are using one, and only one, H1 tag on your pages. H1 (header 1) tags are often used as the main headline for a page and they usually contain the page’s main keywords. Note that Shopify page titles are the default H1 tag for pages created through Shopify—avoid manually adding an H1 tag anywhere else on the page. You should also keep your page titles under 60 characters so they aren’t truncated in the search results. Currently, Google consistently displays the first 50–60 characters of most page titles, so always include your main keywords near the beginning of your page title. Also, remember that you can structure your page title to look more like a listing rather than an editorial title or a complete sentence—consider including appropriate characters (like brackets or dashes) or callouts to highlight key information.

You should also use Google’s Keyword Planner to determine the search volume of keywords and to get keyword ideas. Familiarizing yourself with Google’s own Keyword Planner is a good idea. When we say search “volume,” we’re talking about the rough number of monthly searches for a specific keyword.

I also use and recommend SEO Metriks_, but regardless of which keyword toolyou decide to use (there are dozens), it’s more important that you explore it fully and continue to learn the fundamentals.

For a further rundown on what you can do to better optimize your store's SEO, I would recommend taking a look at our super comprehensive and super easy to understand SEO Checklist. It goes through what I have mentioned previously in this post and so much in a really easy to follow manner!

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi,

I use moz.com tools to test my theme's for SEO features.

Best regards, Mari

Shopify App / Theme developer
https://mpthemes.net/
0 Likes