Can i cancel my shopify account and get a refund?

hiteshvarma
Visitor
1 0 0

i was not using my store since 3 months, i signed up for a trail and i didnt like so stopped using this. today it got auto revewed charged me 29$. Can i cancel my renewal and get the refund as iam really not usinig this platform. My store https://gadgetexpertz.myshopify.com/

Thanks in advance

Replies 6 (6)

EdwardGoomba
Shopify Partner
74 1 9

This sounds like you should open up a ticket with customer support - you will probably get a much more timely response than waiting to see if a mod picks it up here. The forum isnt the best place for these types of requests.

Have any questions about theme customization?
Feel free to email me: edward@honos.dev
Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
570 22 61

Hi @hiteshvarma 

I think you should contact the Shopify customer support team for help. They will help you solve this issue more quicly.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!

kkevich
Visitor
1 0 0

hi, i've been looking for an answer on this too. After trial period I'm going to move my site to a new eCommerce platform https://www.oxagile.com/competence/ecommerce/ cause I need some customized functions

but I feel like it doesn't really matter if you use it or no 

you made a payment anyway so.. unlikely you're getting a refund

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @hiteshvarma,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Each case is different so it would require a closer look. I will reach out to you directly via email to verify your store details and do this. If you don't receive any email, please let me know in a reply here. 

Something to note is that your store must be closed/canceled to be eligible for any type of refund. 

I have also reached out and emailed you directly @kkevich

All the best, Nick

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Uwbia
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, I have recently opened a store on shopify. I put in my information for the free trial and then did a 12 month plan. I then opened a couple other stores but didn't put my information in and I was charged $257.39 6 times on my credit card and my card can only go up to $1000 limit. I closed and cancelled the 2 stores that I wasn't using. Is there any chance that I could get a refund for 5 $257.39. I don't know why this is so much as I only paid once. I hope this is understandable and this problem can be resolved.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Uwbia,

To find out any more on this you'd need to contact our support team directly. You can do that by logging in and clicking the link here

We're unable to verify your details from a public forum such as the Community and thus, speaking to one of our advisors who can take a deeper look is the best next step for you. 

Thanks, Nick

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.