Can i have a cash payment method only available when a customer comes to my store or warehouse

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello and good day

Hopefully someone can help me with this small issue im not figureing out myself.
How can i have a cash payment method only available as a payment option when a customer comes to my store or warehouse to pick up the products?

With greetings
Feykir

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 30 77

Hello, Feykir! Good day to you too!

My name is Tira and I work at Shopify.

You can accept cash as a method of payment when a customer picks up their order from your store or warehouse. 

Here's some ways that you can achieve this:

1) Shopify POS - Download the Shopify POS app on your iPad, iPhone, iPad mini or Android device. Once you've added a product to the cart, you can click on Charge from the cart screen and tap on Select payment and click on Cash. You can find the full instructions on accepting cash payment here: Selecting payment methods on Shopify POS

2) Create a draft order - You can create a draft over for the customer before they arrive at your physical location. Once they arrive, you can go back to their order and "Mark as Paid" and select "Cash" as the payment method. Read more about accepting payment for draft orders here

3) You can activate "Cash on Delivery" as a manual payment method for online checkout. This means that the customer can choose this option, and then when they are at your location, you can accept their cash. Do note this method will automatically mark the order as paid, so it may not be the right option for your store. To activate this method, you can go into Settings > Payment Providers and under Manual Payments, click on Activate custom payment and click on "Cash on Delivery" in the drop-down menu. Here's more information on this process: Activate manual payment methods

All the methods above won't incur any transaction fees, as you aren't using a third-party payment gateway to process payment.

Let me know if this helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 7
Hi there, can I have Cash on Delivery only for my online store. So basically my customer places an "unpaid" order and we fulfill and take payment offline. Is that possible?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 5

If you choose to go the draft order route, I created an app called Draft Order Reminders that will notify you via email of any outstanding draft orders. The app can automatically set the reminder time period for you, or you can set it manually for selected draft orders.

Adam Tzagournis
Sound Onyx Inc
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/sound-onyx-inc
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 7
Hi Adam, thanks for the reply.

The problem I'm facing is that I want customers to submit their own draft orders through the same cart and checkout process as normal rather than me creating them. I've tried to do this through a custom manual payment but I keep getting a payment gateway error pop up every time I submit an order on the site.
0 Likes