Can my business use shopify?

Solved
mlbr22
1 0 0

I am looking to start a soft play rental business and I want to know whether or not Shopify would be able to be used. How would that work with my business being service based and not really product based?

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 81 113

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @mlbr22.

Elias here with Shopify Support. It's great to hear you're interested in Shopify for your rental business!

You can use Shopify for non-physical products, such as services and rentals, and we have a blog that covers more on the non-physical products you can sell - 12 Things to Sell on Shopify (Other than Physical Products).

For rental businesses, you'll likely need to integrate a booking/scheduling system to your store. If you manage your bookings manually, you can consider customizing your theme and add a calendar to your cart page for customers to choose a date for their order. However, if you want to manage your bookings on Shopify, I'd recommend using a third-party booking app.

Booking apps, like BookThatApp, provides tools for managing your bookings right on Shopify. You can also use something, like Form Builder, for receiving manual rental requests on your store. The app developers are also available to help, If you need any assistance with any of these apps - You can reach out to the developers through the contact information found in the Support section of their app pages. 

Are you selling your services and rentals in-person at the moment? Or, have you sold your products through a different platform previously?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes