Solved

Can I get a refund when cancelling my paused Shopify store?

cameron2000
6 0 0

I had a paused store and wanted to cancel my store entirely and was told by support if I re activate my account so that I can actually close the store that they would issue me a refund for the $29. I cant get back in contact with the specific person I spoke to. Can another staff member help me with this?

Accepted Solution (1)
Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @ahmedalii!

Thanks for letting me know you're seeing an issue. It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

SLB1
Tourist
9 0 0

How did you get in contact with them the first time? I’m having trouble reaching an agent.

cameron2000
6 0 0

Just hope they respond, thats what happened last time

SLB1
Tourist
9 0 0

How did you contact them the first time? 

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

Hi, @cameron2000!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out.

The Shopify Advisor you spoke with was correct. If you're on the pause plan and decide to close your store, once you've reactivated the account, paid the invoice and then closed your store we can refund you the money. If this hasn't happened and the Advisor has not replied, then any of the other Advisors can assist you. Just reach out to our live support team once again and they'll be able to organise your refund for you.

If you haven't closed your store yet, simply login to your admin and go to Settings > Plan and Permissions. Under "Store Status" and click "Sell or close store" and follow the steps on the screen. Check out our help doc for more information on pausing and closing stores.

I'd love to learn a bit more about why you're closing your store. If there's anything at all we can do to help, please don't hesitate to let me know. If you ever want to reactivate your store, I'd recommend checking out Shopify Compass (https://bit.ly/2LyfedE). Shopify Compass provides you with free webinars and courses on things like store design, marketing and more. It's 100% free and new content is being added weekly.

@SLB1, I'm about to reply to your other thread now, so keep an eye out for my response there.

Thanks!

ahmedalii
Tourist
9 0 1

Hey Miles

The exact same thing had happened to me, few months ago I tried to close my shopify store only to be told I have insufficient funds so I just put it into pause so I dont get charged. Fast forward to now I get a notification that shopify have taken 14.28 USD so I go onto my shopify store which is now out of pause and try to cancel it except the same thing happens to me again and says I have insufficient funds even though they have taken 18.79 AUD from my bank account. Right now I feel like I'm being scammed and I want a solution to this as soon as possible.

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @ahmedalii!

Thanks for letting me know you're seeing an issue. It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Umemassagechair
Visitor
1 0 0

HI Miles, How can I get in contact with a live support via email or phone? I have tried for 2 months to cancel my store, didnt work, got bill for services that I stop using months ago. I click on all 24/7 support only show topics no agent to speak to or email to get an answer. Please assist.

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @Umemassagechair 

Thanks for joining the thread, and sorry to hear you've been having troubles cancelling your subscription and closing your Shopify store. First off, what happens when you try to close it?  Have you follow the steps listed here under Close your Shopify store

If you are unable to follow these steps, or can't login to your store, you'll need to reach out to our Support team to get assistance with closing your store, as you mentioned.

To reach our Support team, follow the link to our Contact page, login to your store (if you can't, click Continue without logging in), search for the issue you need help with, for example "close store" then look for the option to Continue to get support. From there, you'll be able to speak with our team via live chat, email or callback request. 

Let me know if you're still having troubles and I'd be happy to help. Screenshots of where you're having troubles are always helpful to share if possible. 

L3ANM4C
Visitor
1 0 0

I have been dealing with the Shopify customer support team for 4 months, trying to cancel the subscription. Shopify continues to state "its the developer that keeps charging you". The developer has taken no responsibility and keeps stating "he doesn't see any charges on his side". I literally provided screenshots of my credit card transactions as proof. I had hoped for a legitimate cancellation process but now after 4 months of getting charged, I had to report the charges as fraud on my credit card so that the developer/shopify would stop stealing from me each month. This issue continues to go unresolved with now 4 total $89 charges to my credit card, without any hope of ever retrieving the $$ they kept charging me, post account closure. I highly recommend thinking twice before partnering with this company.