Can someone help me figure out why my site loads so slow?

Highlighted
15 0 0

Without previous loads stored into cache, product pages seem to take about 5-10 seconds. I am looking to implement lazy loading for my images as well, can anyone please help me figure out how to get my site running faster?

Would really appreciate the help, thank you.

My site is below:

https://thejewelryplug.com/

0 Likes
Excursionist
31 6 10

Hello,

Just ran a quick check, as per lighthouse, it seems the lazy load isn't working. I have similar problem with couple of my stores. Even tho theme has lazyload and it seems to work for website is still slow. I dropped image sizes to really small. I deferred js, blocked unused apps and it got better. as for your site.

First try moving unnecessary js files to footer.. Use async or defer tag for files you don't need for DOM rendering. 
Instead of using font-awesome css file, you should just use their CDN js file, defer it and initialize on document.ready.
For tracking code, third party tracking etc.. use Google tag manager for all that. 

Hope it helps,
Thanks.

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If my answer is helpful, Please Like and Accept Solution.
Buy me a coffee
0 Likes
Highlighted
15 0 0

Is there anyway you can guide me on how to do the necessary steps for the things you told me to do? Im not that best at this coding thing 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
31 6 10

Hi,

I would suggest hiring a professional if you are not good at coding. I can try to explain better but it requires professional knowledge to do all that.

For example the lazyload not working properly, you have to go and check in code to find out what is wrong. you need a professional to do that. 
You can try posting it on upwrok or fiverr, or similar sites where you can find shopify developers. 

Many Thanks,

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If my answer is helpful, Please Like and Accept Solution.
Buy me a coffee
0 Likes