Can't Accept Terms For Facebook

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
601 58 74

Hey, @Bro_nova.

Thank you for joining this thread! There are different issues that can happen with the Facebook Shop. However, based on your description of the issue, it's likely related to your browser's settings. I'd recommend trying the steps mentioned earlier in the thread - I'll copy and paste them here as well.

If you are using Safari:

- Visit Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy and make sure this field is not checked:

04-28-8flul-zcxst

If you are using Chrome:

- Visit Chrome -> Preferences

- Click the hamburger menu, and choose Advanced -> Privacy and security

- Make sure this setting is disabled:

04-23-95tnz-7enc8

Once this setting in your browser is disabled, please try connecting your Facebook Page with Shopify again and see if this allows you to bypass the loop.

If the issue persists, I'd also recommend trying on a different browser or device. With that said, if that still doesn't resolve the issue, feel free to let me know and I'd be happy to take a closer look!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! I'm having a similar issue but it has accepted only one of the two terms and conditions. There is a green check mark next to the Facebook Business Tools Terms but not the Custom Audience Terms - when I click into the Custom Audience Terms it says that I've accepted the terms. I've tried clearing cache and cookies, making sure tracking is disabled, etc. Do you have any other suggestions to get this accepted? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hi elias

im having similar issues for my store also

would be grateful for some assistance

regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 165

Hi, @airfit and @SilkRdDiamonds

Rae from Shopify here. I'm helping out my colleague Elias with this thread, and wanted to reach out to you both to provide more assistance. 

@airfit, can you please tell me a bit more about where you're trying to accept the Custom Audience terms? Is this option showing up on Shopify's end, or directly on Facebook? Feel free to send me a screenshot - with all personal details blocked out - of how this is displaying for you, and I'll be glad to help take a closer look into this. 

Equally, @SilkRdDiamonds, did you have a chance to try disabling cross-site tracking on your browser, as mentioned previously in this thread? This has been known to solve this issue for other merchants in the past, so it's certainly worth trying. To disable this feature on the browser you're using, please follow the below steps: 

On Chrome: 

1. Open up a new browser window and click on 'Chrome'  in the main menu 
  2. Select 'Preferences'
  3. Click 'Privacy and security > Cookies and other site data' 
  4. Ensure the option titled 'Send a "Do Not Track" request with your browsing traffic'  is turned off 

On Safari:

1. Open up a new browser window and click on 'Safari'  in the main menu 
  2. Click 'Preferences > Privacy' 
  3. Ensure the option titled 'Prevent cross-site tracking'  is turned off

Once this setting is disabled on the browser you're using, you should be able to accept the terms and conditions within the 'Facebook'  section of your Shopify admin as normal. 

Please keep me posted on how this goes for you both! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

When I try to accept terms I get the following error:

Your Request Couldn't be Processed.  There was a problem with this request. We're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can.

I have the "Send a "Do Not Track" request turned off.

Thanks for your help,

Nancy

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I'm also having the exact same problem as Nancy above, I'm wondering if it's because of the recent changes to facebook desktop or the end of the other facebook shop channel?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 165

Hi, @nancyrileynb and @Fen94

Thank you both for reaching out about this error. This is usually tied to a local issue, and can be solved by completing several troubleshooting steps. 

To get started, it's important to ensure you're using a supported browser, that's fully up to date. Next, I recommend clearing the cache and cookies on this browser, or using a Chrome incognito window, to try to accept the terms and conditions on your Facebook Channel. 

If you're still running into this error though, I suggest trying some of these options: 

• Using a different device, such as a mobile device, tablet, or another desktop computer. 
  • Using the Shopify Mobile App
  • Using a new internet connection, like a cellular connection, or a different wifi network. 

Please try out these options, and let me know if you're able to accept Facebook's terms and conditions correctly. 

I look forward to hearing back from you both! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Rae

I have now fixed it. For me, doing the checkbox on chrome on my mobile worked better than chrome on my desktop. No idea why, but it has solved my problem and I'd recommend other people try this step.

Thanks,

Fen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 28 165

Hi, @Fen94

That's great news.

Thanks for letting me know what worked for you, and how you were able to resolve this. These details are really helpful for other merchants who may be experiencing the same troubles, so I appreciate you sharing this information. 

If there's anything else I can help with, please let me know! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I have tried all of the options listed about and I still cannot accept the terms! Is there anything else I can do?

I’ve tried both safari and chrome, incognito, clearing the cache, using the Shopify app, making sure my browsers are up to date, using a different device and network, and changing privacy settings in both browsers. Still no luck.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes