Can't Accept Terms For Facebook

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 2

I am trying to connect my facebook page to shopify, but every time I select the page and click connect, it pops up facebook terms and conditions. I click accept and it says "Please log in to continue: Cancel / Login". So I click login and the page goes blank. I have tried logging out of facebook and back in. I have logged out and back into shopify. I have tried this in the shopify app. I have tried deleting and re adding the facebook channel. Nothing works. Any help would be wonderful!

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
688 63 88

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @huumwellness.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thanks for letting us know!

I’ve taken a look into the issue and found that this is not a Shopify issue as Facebook’s Terms of Service and its management are all handled by Facebook. However, our Technical team did find this issue is caused by a browser setting that prevents cross-site tracking and causes the connection for Facebook Shop integration to be on a loop. Most updated browsers will have this setting and turning off this feature has corrected the issue for some of our merchants. 

If you are using Safari:

- Visit Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy and make sure this field is not checked:

04-28-8flul-zcxst

If you are using Chrome:

- Visit Chrome -> Preferences

- Click the hamburger menu, and choose Advanced -> Privacy and security

- Make sure this setting is disabled:

04-23-95tnz-7enc8

Once this setting in your browser is disabled, please try connecting your Facebook Page with Shopify again and see if this allows you to bypass the loop. 

If you run into any issues connecting your Facebook Shop or if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to let me know by responding to this thread.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
2 0 2

Thank you! I turned off cross site tracking protection for Shopify and now it works.

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

i am having the same issue. any chance you could walk me through on how to modify those cross site tracking permissions in chrome? i did turn the toggle to "off" for the "Send a "Do Not Track" request with your browsing traffic" setting.  but that did not fix the issue. TIA.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
688 63 88

Hey, @SKB.

It sounds like you might be having a slightly different issue. By chance, do you have multiple Facebook business pages on your business account? 

If not, have you already cleared your Chrome browser’s cookies and cache? I would also recommend reinstalling the Facebook Shop. Here’s our guide to help you with removing the Facebook Shop, then you can reinstall it on the same page and try setting up your Facebook Shop again

Let me know if that helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

thanks for the reply. deleted cache and deleted FB shop and reconnected. still can't manage to accept those terms when connecting to FB.  i do manage more than one business account.  any more suggestions?  i've tried from chrome/duckduckgo on desktop and mobile, and also from firefox. thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

never mind. i figured it out. thanks! - skb

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
688 63 88

Hey, @SKB.

Thank you for following up and providing an update with me. I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve this on your own! Just so I can understand the issue and help other customers that might be experiencing the same problem, may I know what steps you took to reach the resolution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Sure! I had to open a private browser in Firefox, select "options", and then "privacy settings". Under "advanced tracking protection" heading, i edited the "custom" setting and disabled cookies and tracking options.  Under "cookies and site data" heading i used the "manage permissions" option to add both shopify.com and facebook.com to allow both cookies and tracking.  I logged into my shopify store in the private Firebox browser, and once i had success loading the facebook shop, accepting the FB terms, logging into FB from that window, I then returned to Firefox and reset the settings back to standard, and returned to using Shopify in DuckDuckGo for Chrome.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
688 63 88

Hey, @SKB.

Thank you for sharing the steps to your solution, this will be of great help to the community!

Best regards

0 Likes