Can't Log In to My Account

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

This past week, I have tried time and time again to log in but I keep getting the same error message. I have cleared my cookies and etc but nothing changes. I am frustrated and hoping that someone has an answer for me. I am to the point where I attempted to start a new account some way, some how but of course wasn't allowed to. Can anyone please help me? Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 6.03.00 PM.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
216 15 33

Hi, @josmarrose

This is Rae from Shopify. Thank you for reaching out about the issues you're having, and welcome to the Shopify Community. 

Is this error showing up on any other browser aside from Google Chrome? To test this, please try using Safari or Firefox to log in to your account. Let me know if you receive the same issue on either of those browsers. 

It's also a good idea to check to make sure that your Chrome browser has been updated. You can use this link to find the steps to update your browser and ensure you're running on Chrome 78, which is the newest version available. 

Lastly, you mentioned that you cleared the cookies on Chrome to try and resolve this issue. When you cleared the cookies, did you also clear the cache on your browser? If not, make sure to follow these steps to clear both your cookies and cache and then try to log in again. 

Please keep me posted on how the above troubleshooting goes. I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi Rae,

I was using Chrome originally and then I started having issues logging in not too long into my free trial period. I have downloaded Firefox, as you suggested, and the there is no difference. Not to mention Safari. None of the three are working for me. I thought to maybe try to open a new account but of course that isn’t possible because of my store name. Is there possibly any other way to do this? What would you suggest? Should I go ahead and just attempt to use godaddy.com? I am attempting to have my store up and going asap. I have a couple of screenshots from tonight’s attempt if that helps.

Thank you for your time,
Angie

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
216 15 33

Hi, @josmarrose!

Thanks for following up with these details, and for trying those troubleshooting steps. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having difficulties accessing your account, and I'd really like to help look into this further. So, I'm going to send you a follow up email shortly so that we can discuss this in more detail. Once you receive my email, please reply directly to me and include the screenshots you mentioned, and I'll be glad to help investigate this on my end. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you and providing more assistance. 

Best, 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Rae, 

I'm still getting the same error message. attaching below imagesScreen Shot 2019-10-19 at 6.03.00 PM.png

1 Like
Visitor
1 0 0
I have been getting the same message for two days. Is this issue widespread? I have tried two different browsers
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi, sorry to hear yur on the same boat as me with the exception that for me it has be over 2 months. I’m being forced to go elsewhere for my online store as i I’m not getting the help i need.
0 Likes