Can't Login as Store Manager

Highlighted
4 0 0

I cannot sign into my account as the store manager. I am using a custom domain and I can't figure out how to access it. Is there a way to change the store owner domain without logging in?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

Hello, @MCDist!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I'm happy to look into this for you. Can you explain in further detail what the issue is? It sounds like you're experiencing login problems. Are you logging into your store from Shopify.com? What type of error message your seeing when trying to login?

Looking forward to hearing back from you! Any further details or screenshots would be helpful. 

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

Hello again, @MCDist!

Karlie here! Okay, not to worry. What you can do is follow the prompts from this link to reset your password. I'm going to go ahead and remove your last two responses due to the sensitive nature of the posts. If you still cannot reset your password after following the above link, just let me know here and we can take things to email to move forward. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

Hey, @MCDist!

When you log into your Shopify Admin, you will always log into the store under the .myshopify.com URL. You cannot log into your store by using a custom domain. This doesn't mean that you can't have a custom domain. The custom domain would show in the browser URL bar when viewing your store if you have a custom domain pointed. If you're comfortable sharing, can you let me know what your shop URL is?

I would recommend double checking which email address you had used for your store owner's account. Once you confirm what that email address is, you can use the reset password link again to change the password and access your store. If you have access to your employees account, then you can check out which email address is attached to the store owner and try to reset your password for that email address. 

To check the email address on account you would want to head into your Shopify Admin> Settings> Account > Click on the store owner's name to view which email address was used. Then you can use the reset password link to reset the correct store account. If you're still finding that you're having difficulty accessing the correct account then let me know here so we can look into next steps! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

Hello again, @MCDist!

Okay, so it sounds like you don't have access to the email address on file for the account owner. What we will want to do is to take this conversation to email so I can properly verify you and we can look into changing your account information for you. I will send an email to the email address you have on file for your Shopify Forums Community account. Be sure to reply back to that email so we can continue moving forward here. 

I'm going to go ahead and remove your last two responses to this thread as they do include an email address. I'll be in touch via email. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi @Karlie ,

How should we reply to your email? Do you have an email address we can send our store URL and preferred email address?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

Hey, @MCDist!

I know you've since replied back to my emails to you, but I just wanted to confirm that you can keep on simply replying back to that email so I can continue helping you out. Hope you have a great day and I'll speak to you via email! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey Karlie,

Just wanted to let you know that we replied via email. Our current credit card on file has expired and we need to change our credit card info on file so we can continue using Shopify. The deadline to change our credit card info is Sunday August 16th. If there is any way to expedite this process, we would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your help thus far.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

Hello, @MCDist!

Thank you for getting back to me. I can see that your email has been escalated to the appropriate team already - they aren't in until Monday, so I wouldn't be able to quicken the process. I can let you know that they will be in touch as soon as they can. What you can do is to reply to your recent email and inquire with the team that is handling your email - they should be able to look into it for you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

Hey, @MCDist!

I can assure you that your email is already with the correct team and once there is an update someone will be in touch with you about it via email. For privacy and security reasons, I have removed your last post due to your phone number being displayed. If you'd like to speak to someone in the support team about this in real time you can do so by following the prompts in our Help Center, here to schedule a callback or get in touch with us via chat. 

0 Likes