Can't access my store

Solved
cherylsgems
2 0 0

I opened a store years ago and never did anything with it. Now when I go to log in, it states Shop Unavailable and I can't even open a new shop because it states my store name is already taken.
How can I log into my store or start another with my same name?

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1389 92 190

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @cherylsgems!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for checking in with us here in the Shopify Community.

If your store has been inactive for some years as you said, that store may have been wiped as we cannot guarantee data will be held on our servers more than 90 days after your store is closed.

It's often a lot longer than 90 days before this would happen, but if it has been years in this case the older store likely has been removed.

Not to worry, as you'll still be able to set up a store on a trial any time you like!

As each store here is created under a unique 'myshopify.com' URL you'd just need to enter any slight variation on this in order to be able to create a new store.

If you had entered 'yourstore.myshopify.com' before, you would now need to change it to 'yourstore2.myshopify' for example.

Most merchants would add a custom domain to their store (such as yourstoreexample.com), which you can purchase via Shopify or connect from any third-party domain registrar, so that the 'myshopify.com' URL is not shown to their customers online. 

You can set up a free trial using the link here on our pricing page.

Have you got a business you've been running in the meantime you're looking to expand or is this something you are interested in getting started?

Let me know if you have any other questions about using Shopify at any point! 

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
cherylsgems
2 0 0

Hi Don,

Thanks for your reply. So then I can't use my store name ? I really don't want to use another name as I've had my shop name on many places/platform for years now and not sure people would know it was me or the same shop.

Thanks but I  might have to find another platform/host.

Cheryl

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1389 92 190

Hi again @cherylsgems!

Don from Shopify once again.

The 'myshopify.com' URL a store is set up under would not be visible to your customers at all if you add a custom domain to your site as almost every merchant would do.

Think of the 'myshopify.com' domain as an account number that is used to track your store and account internally.

In order to create a new account, you would only need to make a minor change from the existing 'myshopify.com' URL as outlined in my previous reply.

As soon as you add your own custom domain (cherylsbusiness.com for eg.) to the store then this is what would be visible to your customers when browsing online.

You can learn about either purchasing a domain from Shopify directly or connecting a third-party domain here on our help site.

Would you already have a custom domain for your business registered somewhere?

Let me know if you have any questions about how this would work for your store.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes