Can't add a product to a collection

Tourist
3 0 1

Hi - I've created a load of collections but only "home page" is showing in the drop down for collections on the product page.  When I enter the text for a collection manually the code doesn't seem to be picking it up either (i.e. it's not showing in the collections page for that collection).  Any idea what I might be doing wrong?  Cheers F

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9934 78 1445

Hey Fiona,

Do you have a link to your store that shows the collections you're trying to use in the Theme Settings?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey Jason - I found the problem - the Collection was set to All conditions when it should've been Any.  Thanks  Fiona

1 Like
2 0 2

Hello.

I have the same problem.

I have created multiple collections and several products, and when I try to add any of those products to a collection or home page, it simply doesn't work and and an error sign appears.

If you could help me, I would much appreciate it.

Thank you

1 Like
1 0 0

Same problem here! Cannot add products to collections. I get an error saying "There was an error adding this product to the collection". Please fix asap, we are planning to launch this week. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

I've been having no problem adding products to my collections until yesterday.  Now, only certain collections will show up when I click to add.  This always worked for me before, so not sure what changed?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

That solution was mine too! Hours spent trying to find out what was wrong! thank you for sharing this!

0 Likes
1 0 1

You need the tags below the collection box to be the same as your collection wording. ie: Boys - Bottoms is the collection you need to tag boys, bottoms. This for auto - all conditions.

1 Like