Can't buy domain name

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have tried multiple times to buy a domain through Shopify but every time I get the same error message?

"DOMAIN PURCHASE WAS UNSUCCESSFUL"

How do I fix this? I have triple checked the credit card information

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 0 44

Hey, Kyla!

My name is Aaron, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

Just wanted to let you know I've sent you an email on this - looking into this more will require getting a closer look at the invoicing records for your store.  To check on that, we just need authorization to go in and have a look - get back to me via that email, and that'll give us the authorization we need to get to work!

Cheers,

Aaron | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

same problem...

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same here. Please help me!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I am having a similar proble. I can't seem to buy the domain. Please help me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I am having a similar problem. Please help me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same PROBLEM here!!!

wvs.products@gmail.com

i already bought 2 domain names but now i wanted a new one and it doesn't work. they say that their is something wrong with my specs.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I have the same issue too. Please help and email me.
0 Likes
1 0 1

Hello Aaron, I'm having the same problem. I am yet to buy a domain name but when I choose the available name and select Buy Now, a red 'error' box pops up at the top of the screen saying 'please try again' then an option to edit store information. However I can't see anything wrong with my store information that would stop me from buying a domain name. Everything is filled out and complete except for a Domain name. Please help. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
185 24 27

Hello, @Bre1

Helen here from Shopify Support. I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble purchasing a new domain. Let’s get to the bottom of this!

In addition to your store address found in ‘Settings > General, the other store information that can affect a domain purchase is your billing information. First, please ensure that there are funds available on your payment method, and then check that the following criteria are met for your method of payment. 

Credit Card:

• Must be a full credit card (ie. not a debit/credit hybrid card or a prepaid credit card) 
  • Must be a Visa, Mastercard or Amex
  • Must be capable of accepting recurring charges in USD
  • Must be capable of making online purchases
  • The billing address in ‘Settings > Billing must be the same as what your bank has on file
  • No amount processing restrictions

Paypal:

• Credit cards attached to the account must have international recurring billing capabilities in USD
  • If using the PayPal wallet balance, the PayPal account must be fully verified
  • No amount processing restrictions

Hope this helps! However, if adjusting the payment method criteria still does not let you complete your domain purchase, just let me know and I’ll investigate this further for you.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes