Can't buy domain

Highlighted
1 0 0

I tried buying a domain name but it says fix settings. I made sure the address was right and the same with card info. Please let me know what else I have to do to fix it. On my card statement, it says I bought it 14 times but it refunded me all of the 14 times.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
574 77 106

Hi, @trvisXXX,

Hank here from Shopify.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with purchasing a domain, it certainly sounds like there is some form of disconnection, as it seems to be automatically failing, and that is why the refunded amount is there for you.

Some domains are unable to be hosted on Shopify so that could be the issue you are facing perhaps? Premium domain names, for instance, are unable to be supported on Shopify, so that could be what is happening. You would be left with an error message of something like the below.22-18-g3j7u-6lvv8

You can still try to purchase this domain through another registrar, as it is not compatible with the Shopify server at this time.

Let me know if this works for you, or if you have any other questions, and I'd be happy to help!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

But if you buy the domain from a different registrar don't you have to wait 60 days until you can transfer it to shopify right?

0 Likes