Can't confirm old bank info with Shopify Payments

patrickanthony1
1 0 0

Shopify Payments wants me to confirm my old bank account number and routing number in order to update it to a new bank. However it is saying the old bank numbers are incorrect. But I am positive they are the correct numbers. I have tripled checked and even copied and pasted the numbers. A live support chat said he has seen this problem before and that he sent up a request to the integrity team to remove the old bank check. But it’s taking too long for them to respond. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know of another way to update bank info on Shopify Payments or to fix the old bank check?

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
474 68 113

Hi, @atrickanthony1!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for the question. I can totally understand the frustration with needing to wait for the team. Your account security is of the utmost importance, so the team your ticket was escalated to is the only team at Shopify who will be able to assist. The general turnaround time for this is within 3 business days, so if it's taking longer than that, my suggestion is to contact our live support team again to request an update or to see if they can give you a better indication of the timeframe.

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request. Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes