Can’t connect my Shopify to my Facebook account

1 0 1

I had an issue where my shopify products were not showing in Facebook. Despite deleting the FB connection and reconnecting my FB page 3 times from Shopiy it still didn't work.  However based on another post here, here's what worked:

1) Logging out of Facebook in my Chrome browser.

2) Open new browser page Incognito then logging back into Facebook. 

My products appeared!!! 

This seems to support caching problems.  

1 Like
Tourist
9 0 4

Thanks, we're back up and running!

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Clearing the cache did not work for me, neither did incognito, I was getting a constant re-direct. as follows

Annotation 2019-08-27 125803.jpg

Turning OFF blocking 3rd party cookies fixed the problem in chrome browser "Settings".. advanced security.

Annotation 2019-08-27 130248.jpg

My store is now connected to facebook and the page linked.

Annotation 2019-08-27 131124.jpg

I suggest you first fill in all relevent page details in SETTINGS in your public page (not your personal facebook page).

Annotation 2019-08-27 131407.jpg

I chose the shopping template as suggested earlier in this thread. 

iAnnotation 2019-08-27 131430.jpg

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 3

OMG! thanks for posting this - It worked for me too! Finally reconnected!

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 1

Glad to hear it Laura.

People, might also want to make sure your facebook business manager console is set up, with payment method for your ad center.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

I'm having the same issue...shopify advised I wasn't the account holder...lol...nonsense, I created the page, I'm the admin, owner & business manager and nothing has been done by anyone....long time wasting exercise and I need assistance, keep getting bounced fromFB support to Shopify.....Devs clearly haven't got a clue let alone shopify support.

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 4

Ours is fixed now, and in the end it was such a simple fix it's ridiculous.  Just make sure your set up as admin only, not business manager in facebook.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

I am the admin but I can't remove myself as the jobs manager & Custom?

CheersScreen Shot 2019-09-01 at 2.55.32 pm.png

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Did you enable 3rd party cookies? try via incognito? clear your cache? I had to choose the shop template, create an @Name, make the page visible of course, and I also put in my credit details for my business manager account and set up an ad account. But primarily I think unblocking 3rd party cookies did it for me. In the incognito chrome browser.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Yes :) I'm a developer hehe...basic stuff

1 Like