Can’t connect my Shopify to my Facebook account

Tourist
4 0 1

EDIT: Don't try and connect a second Shopify account to it as my original store has just been disconnected. Only apply this fix to one store per Facebook account!

@KillerProducts wrote:

I have a solution with a great deal of thanks to @bernadettebuquia from Shopify Support this has worked for me and I hope it does for you as well. Note that if you've got more than one store affected you need to do it for each and removing the business integration doesn't seem to have affected the first store that I reconnected.  Do this all inPrivate or incognito and log out of Facebook in any other browsers, just to be safe! But anyways, give this a go....

``First, delete the Facebook sales channel from your Shopify admin by going to Settings > Sales Channels and hitting the trash icon. When you add it back (through add sales channel), you should see Connect account, rather than Reconnect account`.

Now you'll need to disconnect and reconnect Shopify permissions on your Facebook account.

• Make sure you're logged into the store with the Facebook page you want to grant permissions to.
  • Go to Settings
    > Business Integrations - here's a direct link
  • Remove the integration that is giving the error, in this case: Shopify.
  • After removing the integration, log out of Facebook entirely.
  • Log back into Facebook on a private browsing window (like incognito in Chrome. Or a browser you don't use often to rule out a cache issue).

Go back to Shopify and attempt to connect the Facebook page in the Facebook Sales channel.```

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi KillerProducts

Nice try, but that's something we tried already long time ago and doesn't help in our case. The difference to your case is, we even don't see in the Facebook Account any Shopify Sales Channel Business Integration. We have the Shopify Marketing and the Shopify Messenger Integration showing up there, but that's all. We also tried to remove those Integrations ans started over but still the same, we can connect with Marketing and Messenger, but with the Sales Channel we never get the Popup window to chose the Page we want to connect. With another FB account his works just normal. So there must be a flag in the Shopify data base were still a page vale is inside and we never get it wiped out to reconnect to another page.

Hopefully this will help others, but in our case it's not.

Thx Anyway, at least the users here try to help each other even Shopify Support is not helpful at all and just quiet.

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 1

Bummer! Just keep emailing support@shopify.com until they respond!!

I've found them to be really helpful with a number of things, so not sure why they're ignoring you!

I have found that emailing them is better than posting something in the community or their support page.

Good luck, hope you can get it sorted out!!

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 3
I have already a ticket, but since a week I'm just getting the reply they have forwarded this to their FB developers and they are probably in Holliday or whatever.
0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

Still having the same problem now, spend a couple of hours with shopify tech yesterday, and just a couple of hours with fb tech now, and they are redirecting me back to shopify, In meantime my traffic and sales from fb and insta are down as i have no products in my store

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

After no luck or help from either party, i have disconnected all shopify and fb from each other.

Created shop in fb, and adding products manually with links to product pages. Currently not adding price (just leaving a $0) so viewers can click through to my shopify store and select variants there.

This at least lets me retag my products in instagram so people can click directly through to my store from my posts.

Painful yes, but it is the only way I could get a result quickly

1 Like
1 0 0

The pop-up that connects my shopify to facebook manager won't load , so I cannot connect to facebook manager . Please help?

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 1
Hello,

Also having this problem, did anyone get a solution?

It just keeps going around in circles, I’ve tried everything from all the threads and still not working
1 Like
1 0 0
I have the same issue. Cannot connect two accounts. Can shopify helps with this problem or maybe is a good idea to change shopify platform with another solution?
0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 3

Hi, did you fix this in the end? As the same thing has happened to us.

0 Likes