Can’t connect my Shopify to my Facebook account

2 0 2
Hi and thanks but I had already had everything set up and working fine then it suddenly stopped working. The reason was some recent updates made by Facebook. It caused a change in roles and permissions for my FB page. The role has to be admin - not jobs manager. This jobs manager role setting shows up in the FB page under roles but it has to be corrected over in the business manager app under business settings - pages - where it needs to be standard, not custom to ensure the role is admin (not jobs manager). I’ve had to go fix this 3 times now. Not sure what action is affecting it but at least it’s a simple fix. The instructions to for this were posted earlier in this thread by another user for anyone else who sees their page role us set to jobs manager and needs to change it back to admin. I think the biggest hurdle for most persons experiencing this particular issue is understanding you have to work/look in both Facebook pages and the Businesd manager app to fix it. Having to go into several different FB apps to manage all this stuff is kinda silly. I see a lot of folks frustrated and blaming Shopify but it’s really a total FB issue. Has me rethinking if FB is really worth the hassle. Best!
1 Like
Tourist
4 0 1
yes, well, it took me 5 days to set up through amazon, if you havent tried
that and want a stroke give that a go :) They have the worst customer
service for resellers at amazon hands down. They couldnt do worse to knock
you over. And they are merciless on your performance.
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 4

For all who are having issues connecting their Shopify Shop to Facebook - I like to suggest that you stop trying and explore other alternative.

I've been having the same issues as the rest for weeks and I've finally managed to fix it.

Here are some of the steps to help you all:

1. Login into your Facebook Business Manager, and navigate to Catalogue Manager

If you previously had it working and now stop working. You should have some redundant catalogue lying around.

First remove any existing catalogue that you have.

2. Once you've removed all the Catalogue, begin to create a catalogue and go through all the steps required. Bear in mind, you will need to have a product feed for this. I used Facebook Product Feed (Flexify) for this and schedule feed refresh once a day. 

Once you've done that, go back to your Facebook Page - Setup your shop section. 

And it should be fixed. 

This implementation is to fix Facebook Shop & Instagram Shop by using a manual product feed instead of the existing Shopify Integration that doesnt work and trust me, i've gone through all the steps everyone + support has advised 

1 Like
1 0 0

I think this isn't the one thing that will help. After doing this I now have a message tha at my shop is going to be reviewed. Thanks!

0 Likes
2 0 1

That WORKEDDDDDDDDD OMG! Thank you !!!!

0 Likes
2 0 1

Hey If you guys go to page I believe 1 or 2 there is a post about how to fix this issue and it actually works and its super simple - All you have to do is add someone on your staff that has access to your shopify .. add them ad admin to your Facebook page , then have them go into your shopify to add the Facebook shop it will work! Cause it worked for me!!! super easy - 

I think the issue is when Facebook started making all of us change on our Facebook business accounts to like an official business acc it removed us as the admin and made the "page" the actual admin. 

Anyway check out page 1 or 2 of these comments you will find the solution! 

1 Like