Can’t contact Shopify by phone

Highlighted
2 0 0

What is Shopify’s number. I’m getting very frustrated trying to get them on the phone. I’m ready just move my store to another platform. Shopify is a joke

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hey, @Ruthanna36!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time getting through to our Support Team and I'd love to see how I might be able to help you out.

As per the update to Phone Support we made earlier this year, we're not currently accepting incoming calls at this time. Instead, merchants can request a callback on our Contact page. Please note that this option will only display when there is availability in our phone queue.

Here's how you can reach out Phone Support Team:

1. Head to our contact page question section and login to your store.

2. Once you've logged in, you'll be prompted to ask about a topic:

20-05-s998g-3lwie

3. Doing this will present you with links to relevant pages on our Help Center to help resolve your situation. There's also an option to contact us directly if you weren't able to find a solution in the help guides and need further help:

20-05-ksl5x-pleb8

4. Clicking on this button at the bottom will then present you with the different support options available at that particular moment:

20-05-m2m08-ainco

5. If you don't yet have a Shopify store or are unable to login, you can choose the "Continue without logging in" option at the start and continue through the same process.

Both Chat and Email Support options are also available on this page, or you can reach out to us through Facebook messenger or Twitter direct message. Alternatively, I'd be happy to assist you through here with general support or move our conversation over to email to discuss your business and account details privately. In this case, just let me know and I can send you an email over to the email address associated with your community forums account to begin the authentication process.

What is it that you're needing support with today? Is there anything that I might be able to help you with?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I’m really having trouble with my theme. I don’t know how to add collections and products to make them visible in my store. How are you ppl going to help me through chat. I really hate Shopify right now 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 1 1

@Ruthanna36 

Hi Ruthanna36

You can't add collections of products via your Theme customisation window, you can only do it via your admin dashboard (i.e. YOURURL.myshopify.com/admin) 

Have you tired following the tutorials in the Shopify Help Centre? https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/collections 

Or using Shopify Compass? https://www.shopifycompass.com/ 

I am available to email if you need any further help. 

Masaoumi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hey, @Ruthanna36.

I can empathize with the frustration of coming across obstacles as an entrepreneur, and appreciate your resilience by seeking out the available support to guide you through these learning curves. Shopify is a powerful platform ideal for businesses to start and grow, which means it can take some time to familiarize yourself with all the features it has to offer. That being said, we are staffed 24/7 to support you as well as offer a diverse collection of resources you can utilize for self-learning.

Have you already added products and collections into your Admin and are now having trouble adding them onto your theme, or are you also having trouble uploading your products and creating collections to start with?

If you're looking to add products to your shop, you can either add them individually or use a CSV file to bulk import your products. I've recorded an example clip of me creating a new product for your reference here. Alternatively, if you're using a third-party dropshipping app, you'll need to import them directly through the app. You can refer to the App's documentation or Support Team for any questions regarding this process.

As for collections, are you wanting to manually sort products into collections or automatically sort them? Check out this recording for manual collections or this recording for automatic collections. Our help center documentation also has some video tutorials that are great to follow along with!

Once you've added your products and created your collections, you'll be able to manage where you want them placed in the theme editor. What theme are you using? If you're using a free Shopify theme, you can find our theme documentation here. Otherwise, learn where you can find support for your theme.

Note that you'll need to change your product status on the product page to Active for the product to display on your theme.

Then, depending on which theme you're using you should be able to add featured products or collections sections in your Theme Editor. You can find an example recording for this here. We also have a guide on adjusting your Theme Settings that will help you adjust the colors, fonts, and more!

As @masaoumi  mentioned, in addition to our Help Center, our Shopify Compass has a number of awesome and free Design courses - have you checked those out yet? The How to Design Your Online Store (With Zero Design Experience) is probably a great place to start. Have you already spent time designing your brand? What colors speak to your brand?

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything more I can clarify or if you're running into any other obstacles. Our Support Advisors (available on FacebookTwitterChat, and Email) are also able to provide screenshots/recordings to help out, but feel free to share a screen-recording with us of any areas you're having trouble with if this makes it easier for you.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes