Can't edit in-store pickup orders

Highlighted
2 0 5

Recently with Covid-19 running about, Shopify has enabled in-store pick up for all plans. Up to this point we have just been created a free shipping option called "In-store pickup during regular retail hours" and calling customers when their order is ready for pickup. Not the most elegant system but it worked and was better than paying $20.00USD a month for a 3rd party "app".

Now that in-store pickup was here and free we switched over to using that 1st party method which is mostly better however there is one major issue with it. You can't edit orders that were placed as in-store pickup, which is quite frankly the stupidest thing I've ever had to deal with. I've had multiple customers want to make changes to their order after it was placed or need to recommend a different product to a customer based on their order (in our niche this is something we have to do often and customers thank us for it).

You can add/remove/edit quantities of products no issue with online orders so I don't see how doing so with in-store pickup orders should be any different. If I'm missing something please let me know but I'm this close to going back to the old hack system I mentioned earlier than use this 1st party method.

4 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

This is not well documented by Shopify but it is in fact possible for anyone on a Plus plan or higher. Although all Shopify says on this matter is "Orders that have in-store pickup as the shipping method can’t be edited.", the edit order functionality does in fact work with in-store pickup enabled IF (and only if) you not on a "Basic" plan. Hope this helps.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Sorry. I mis-spoke on this. That is not the case. You can edit with a third-party addon only.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 6

We switched to the Shopify version of pick-up and noticed this too. 

Editing orders is a feature we rely on heavily as our stock fluctuates and keeping "exact" stock is not possible. We are on the Shopify plan and cannot edit any order that labelled pick-up either changing the quantity, adding, or removing items. 

We would appreciate this feature be applied to pick-up as well or we will be forced to go back to the free shipment option we had before.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Just chiming in to agree that we would need this feature too. I'm sure there's a reason it isn't available for pickup but it seems like this feature is almost useless without the ability to edit orders.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Most of the business rely on In-store pickup option due to COVID-19.   We need the Edit order option definitely.   What is the third party app we can use to edit the order with in-store pickup option?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

@ExoticWings did you end up going back to the hack? My entire business is in-store pickup and not being able to edit orders is a major showstopper!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

Why restrict editing of in-store pickup orders if it has already been developed?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I Know this is total bullshit. I have liquor store and I only do local deliveries I have thousands of products in my inventory but one of when one of those products is not in the inventory I can make an edit and it's so frustrating Shopify is making you charge more this is totally insane just for editing order featuresliquor store and I only do local deliveries I have thousands of products in my inventory but one of when one of those products is not in the inventory I can make an edit and it's so frustrating Shopify is making you charge more this is totally insane just for editing order features

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I know right i am dealing with the same stupid issue. The guy who made this rule was probbly high asf.

0 Likes