Can't log into my second Shopify account

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Hi, I made a second Shopify account for my second business. At first, I could log in to both of my accounts. I combined my accounts to 1 e-mail address. Now I can't log in to the second account. It seems that it does not recognize the e-mail address with the domain name, even though I had a confirmation mail saying my email address is connected to both of the accounts. Now I can't login to the second and I don't know how to fix this. 

Can someone help? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 57 90

Hi @Gigi02,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us.

This is a great question! So you're more than welcome to set up multiple store's with the same email address, however, to avoid any login issues you will need to use a separate password for each account.

The best way to log into a specific store would be to enter /admin at the end of your store's URL. For example, yourstorename.myshopify.com/admin. Could you try logging into the account this way instead and then change one of the store's login passwords? You should be able to do so by selecting Settings and then Account. From there, select the Account Owner's profile (as shown here) and then the Change Password button. Alternatively, you should be able to reset the password for one of your stores as mentioned in this guide.

Please let me know how this goes! If you are still unable to log in, are you seeing any specific page with an error on it? Or is it still advising you that the email address is incorrect? 

Thanks a mill, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Hi Ted, 

I can only log in to my first Shopify account. I can reset the password for that one, and I did. However, I still can't access the second Shopify account, even though I can see it in the dropdown menu on Shopify (at the top left). I tried to access it separately with the /admin at the end, as you said. I still get the question to put in my e-mail address to log in, but it doesn't let me log in. It just doesn't respond. I tried this a couple of times and sometimes I get the following error message: There is no matching email for this store. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 57 90

Hi @Gigi02,

I'm so sorry for the delay, I never received your notification for this thread and I'm just seeing this now. 

If a merchant creates 2 accounts under the same email address but can't access 1 of the stores, it normally means there's an issue with the password. We can help you get to the bottom of this regardless, especially if the login page is not responding as it should be. Could you contact our Support Directly here and we'll look into this with you asap? 

Thanks a mill, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Glad you end up getting help

1 Like