Can't login at all

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi - I have a staff account on my store, with my partner as the owner. For some reason I cannot login today. I don't even manage to get to the login page; it seems to get stuck in a loop and the final error message says that my browser may be blocking cookies. (It's not). It says to reload. (Doesn't work, and just gets me timed out because 'my server is sending too many requests'). And it says if that doesn't work, to 'try again later'. This is the first time this problem has occurred in a year. 

How much later, and what is the issue? My partner gave me the link invite to create a staff account almost exactly a year ago (May 12). Is there a renewal thing, as he is in the opposite time zone to me right now and not very reachable. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2892 211 471

Hi @Teja,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I just want to make sure I'm on the same page and understand exactly what's happening. One of the staff accounts on your store is not allowing the staff member to log in or it's not allowing you to log in as the owner from the primary account? If you could confirm that for me, it would be very helpful. If you could also share any screenshots of the error messages to give me a better idea of where exactly you're seeing the error messages it would be greatly appreciated. 

This might sound obvious, but it could be worth clearing the cache of your browsers to see if that helps or try to log in on a different computer/ laptop/ device. If it doesn't work on any other devices or after the cache is cleared please let me know and we can look into taking a deeper dive as to why this might be happening. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Nick,

My partner and I both run the shop. He has the owner account, and I have the staff account. So it's the first one - me, the staff account, can't log in. I can't even get to the login page, or log myself out to re-try the login (I have myself remembered). Yes, have cleared cache as well. 

I tried logging on with Chrome, I managed to get the login page, had to key my password in (since I never used Chrome to log into the shop before and it doesn't have me remembered). That worked. But Safari, my primary browser, still shows the error below. 

error message.png

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 2

I am having the exact same issue and exact same screen in the above screenshot.  I have been trying to login to my Admin since 4am PST and it is 9:15am PST, this is not okay.  I've cleared my catch checked security settings, and even tried from my phone and laptop, this is not a system issue on my end.  

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 6

I am having the same issue.  I can login on my phone but just not my computer.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 2

I can't login by phone, laptop, or PC 

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 6

It seems to be a Shopify error and not our computers. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 6

Does anyone know if Shopify know about this? Can they see these posts or do we need to email them somewhere else? 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 2

I have been waiting to get through to live chat but there are 33 ahead of me and the page closed out the last time I was waiting to chat with someone about it.  If you go to status.shopify.com it says all system operational, so either the person from Shopify who originally responded didn't report it or Shopify isn't updating merchants on status.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 6

I just tried live chat and there were 76 in front of me. I have never seen so many.  I bet it is a shopify error. 

1 Like