Can't login can't access my online shops

3 0 0

I really need some suggestions here guys. I have a basics package running for a month now and also another newer store, both completely setup. Everytime I try to login via the shopify main page, saved links or even through the shopify help centre, I am presented with either one of the following scenarios: 1) re-captcha continuously cycles and doesn't let me pass even with correct selections, it just keeps popping back up; or 2) the message "this page isn't working" If the problem continues, contact the site owner. HTTP ERROR 429. 

I don't know where to go from here, any help is greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
163 15 17

Hey there, @Dianduane!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with accessing your store. To be able to understand this issue better, I'd need a little more information from you. What device and browser are you trying to access your online store through? Have you tried other devices/browsers? Have you tried the Shopify App? 

The HTTP ERROR 429 could be a result of too many requests being made, or attempts to login. Firstly, you'll want to ensure that your browser is updated and supported by Shopify. This is a list of supported browsers today (this list may change as new updates are released):

• Android_Chr 76
  • Chrome 77 / 76 / 75
  • Edge 18 / 17
  • Firefox 69 / 68 / 67
  • iOS_Safari 12.2 - 12.3 / 12.0 - 12.1 / 11.3 - 11.3 / 10.3 / 10.0 - 10.2
  • Opera 62 / 60 / 58
  • Safari 12.1 / 12 / 11.1 / 11 / 10.1 / 10

We recommend using the most up to date version of Chrome to access all of Shopify's features, and for the best user experience. If your browser is supported, you'll then want to try clearing your cache and cookies. You can follow this guide for the Google Chrome browser. If after clearing your cache and cookies, this issue persists you'll want to attempt logging in through other browsers and devices. Provided that you've attempted these troubleshooting steps, you're still unable to access your Admin, I've sent you an email to the email address on file for your Community Forums Account. You can respond to that email with the required information from the email address associated to the account(s) in question, and I'd be happy to take a deeper look into this for you if necessary.

Hope this information helps! Otherwise, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Ryder,

Thank you so much for replying and thanks for all the helpful information. I will try everything that you said and proceed accordingly.

Thanks again for replying.

cheers

Duane

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi,

I am having the same error pop up. I have cleared all cookies on google & updated the browser to the newest version. I still get this message : 

This page isn't working

If the problem continues, contact the site owner.

HTTP ERROR 429

I would really appreciate your help, Thanks!

0 Likes
3 0 0
Hi looda,
I'm still awaiting a resolve for this particular issue but my site is
accessible via the mobile app so try that and I'll let you know.
0 Likes
2 0 0

I am able to get access through the mobile app as well but not through my Macbook. Through the mobile app it is very difficult to upload products and such, Hope someone gets back to this soon!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
163 15 17

Hi there, @looda2004!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your store as well - but I'm glad @Dianduane's suggestion to use the mobile app has helped for the meantime. I understand this isn't ideal, so I've gone ahead and sent you an email as well to the email address associated to your Community Forums account. If this is the same email address associated to your Shopify store, you can simply respond providing the requested information. If you use another email address for your Shopify store, you can CC the correct email address and respond to the email thread with the correct one.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

I can't access my shopify store. When I try to go to the log in page I get the error 

HTTP ERROR 429
Using Chrome browser over Windows 10
I was able to login from my mobile which is very inconvenient solution.
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello Ryder,

I got this problem as well with my shopify store 1stpunk.myshopify.com

Please advise.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Stan

0 Likes
Excursionist
20 1 3

it look like a common issue now... does someone know how to fix it ?

0 Likes