Can't login since yesterday 3-30-20,Due to an unexpected technical problem, Shopify is temporarily u

Highlighted
1 0 0

Error Message upon trying to log in. We'll be back soon. Due to an unexpected technical problem, Shopify is temporarily unavailable. Please check back in a few minutes – we'll be up and running in no time!

Please help us get back into our store cool-chaos

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 51 66

Hey, @cool-chaos

Helen here from Shopify Support. I'm sorry to hear you have been having difficulties logging into your account. I’m here to help!

We aren’t currently aware of any login issues. Therefore, as a starting point, please try the following two troubleshooting steps:

• Clear the cache on your browser, and try logging in again
  • Try logging in using another device (phone or computer)

Let me know if either of these steps make a difference, and we’ll go from there.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Due to an unexpected technical problem, Shopify is temporarily unavailable. Please check back in a few minutes – we'll be up and running in no time!

What can I do?

having this SAME ISSUE

how is it that we are unable to login to our shopify stores this is a major problem that I cannot access my business

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
75 0 12

I bump into this message every so often. I think usually because I'm logged out of my account or something along those lines. Might be worth checking.

Also is the URL your typing in: www.shopname.myshopify.com/admin ? or is it something different? from a bookmark etc

——————————

Founder @ www.preproduct.io

Test and make sales for future products

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Having the same problem. I am unable to log in as well as my employees. The only workaround is accessing site through an incognito/private window. This has been going on for about a week. Not happy that the only way I can access my store is through a private window. Is there a fix yet?well be back soon.PNG 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
75 0 12

Ah, that's no good. 

I think this is a question for the Shopify team.

That said, have you tried clearing your browser data? (you will have to log back into all your accounts if you do this), it could be a weird session/authorisation cache issue that needs clearing.

——————————

Founder @ www.preproduct.io

Test and make sales for future products

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

This happens constantly and it gets stuck like this indefinitely. It's clearly not actual downtime, as I can always open a new incognito Chrome window and log in, but in standard Chrome it will stay broken until the cache is entirely cleared--which is not fun as it forces a log out of many other services I'm currently signed into. It happens to my partners as well, on different operating systems and computers, so it is not at all uncommon.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 9

Just chiming in here as I've also been seeing this issue frequently over the last several weeks. In general the app is requiring us to log back in frequently, which never used to happen. Most times it just goes smoothly - but at the expense of being brought back to the home Dashboard regardless of what page we were working on, which is a pain.  But, every now and then we get this exact issue where it prevents us from logging in entirely. I also see several other threads in the forum addressing the same issue so clearly this is a little more widespread even if it isn't any sort of downtime with the servers.

Clearing the cache DOES fix the issue, but it also causes a lot of headaches and losing any other open Shopify tabs, etc.

Is there anything being done to resolve this other than telling customers to clear their cache every time it happens?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Clearing cache is not working for me. When is Shopify going to fix this? I specifically used shopify so I wouldnt have to run into these tedious problems.

1 Like