Can't move to Pause and Build

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I received an email saying my store was automatically moving to Pause and Build after 3 months paused but every time I try and log in, I'm presented with 3 payment options and no ability to access my shop. 

I've searched but cannot find out how I can go into my shop now it is in P&B so I can start working on it again.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @carlathomas!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out around your plan. I'll be happy to help you get onto the Pause and Build plan so you can work on your store and prepare to launch your website. If you're seeing the billing page when you log in, that means you're still on the Full Pause plan. Whilst on this plan, you're not able to access your store until you are on a paid plan. With that said, there are a couple of options available to you that we'll work through now.

As you've received the email around being automatically moved to the Pause and Build plan, there will be a date listed in that email letting you know when the switch will occur. If you're happy to wait until that date (exactly 90 days after you went onto the Full Pause plan), you won't need to do anything. We'll switch the account automatically for you and invoice you for the new plan.

If you want to switch over a little earlier, then you'll need to select a paid plan. The Pause and Build plan won't be a listed option, so I've outlined the steps below on how you can move across to that one.

1. Login and select the Basic Plan ($29 USD per month). You'll be charged the $29 once you confirm the plan.
  2. Head over to Settings > Plan and Permissions and choose the option to pause your store.
  3. You'll be presented with a payment option. This will show you the $9 USD charge. As you would have already paid $29, you'll be provided with a $20 credit on your account. This will come off future subscription charges.

As 2 examples of how this could look.

Let's say you want to use the Pause and Build plan for 4 months. Your charges would work as follows:

• $29 paid upon reactivation
  • Month 1 is covered by your payment.
  • Month 2 is covered by your payment.
  • Month 3 is covered by your payment.
  • Month 4 will see a charge for $7 ($2 credit, plus $7 to cover the remaining amount).

Let's say you want to use the Pause and Build plan for 2 months before moving to the Basic Plan. Your charges would work as follows:

• $29 paid upon reactivation
  • Month 1 is covered by your payment.
  • Month 2 is covered by your payment. During this month, you decide to switch to the Basic Plan.
  • Month 3 will see a charge for $11 ($18 credit, plus $11 to cover the remaining amount).
  • Month 4 will see a charge for $29

To learn more about how billing and credits work, please see this guide.

If you have any questions at all, please let me know.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi @Miles

Thank you, that's great information and so helpful. 

What would likely have been more helpful is if I'd read the email properly in the first place! My account is automatically being changed tomorrow! 

Thanks again and have a great day,

Carla

0 Likes