Can't publish my facebook shop

Anna47
Tourist
5 0 23

Hi there,

I have spent so much time on this and triple checked everything, and i still cant publish my facebook shop to enable instagram shopping. I have no idea what i have done wrong but when i go to publish the publish button is greyed out. When I place the cursor over the greyed out publish button it says 'this cannot be published as my commerce account didn't pass the review'. Also when i go to my commerce account everything seems to be working fine. And when i go to my catalogue manager is says:

"Your shop can't be published
After reviewing your commerce account, we found that it doesn't follow our Merchant Agreement so your shop isn't visible to potential customers. You can contact support for more information."
All my accounts are approved and linked, and my instagram shopping is ready to go, all that is left to do is publish my shop, but I am unable to. 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Anna
Replies 30 (30)

chris233
Visitor
2 0 4

I've been struggling with the same thing. 

I was still setting the shop up when I started the facebook integration to get the pixel going. I thought I'll do the commerce integration as well as its all combined now - big mistake as its triggered some kind of problem with the merchant agreement and I now get the same message.

I think it requires a human review at FB. Now we're in Q4 that's taking ages. I've been waiting more than a week for a response from Facebook support. 

Would love to know if there's a different solution.

jennywu24
Tourist
3 0 10

I encounter the same issue. Exactly the same. Request to reconsider for more than 2 weeks, no response. Very useless customer support.

Jonthemarketer
Visitor
1 0 7

I'm having the same issue: Facebook customer service is terrible too I've requested 3 reviews, spoken to the business live chat and they just send you round in circles.

I found this: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

If you put the Shopify Product URL into the debugger, it tells you what Facebook may read as an issue with the page (i think!) 

I got this warning: 

Missing Properties
The following required properties are missing: fb:app_id

https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/Can-not-be-published-Please-contact-Facebook-for-more/...

Why doesn't Facebook tell you WHY it can't be published? Surely this would save both parties lots of time. 
sbako1
Tourist
4 0 4

im experiencing the exact same problem. 

Seems like i wont be able to launch for this christmas season. 

What a joke. 

Dod1
Excursionist
11 0 6

I am the same, I have no clue what to even check as they are so vague. Don't know where to begin. Everything seems good to me.

Claudio821
Visitor
1 0 0

when i for review how long it takes before they approved or rejected in case? 

Poshdup
Visitor
1 0 3

I guess no has answered this issue yet, because I'm dealing with the exact same problem, all things say I'm good to go, except the commerce. Everything else is all good. 

I spoke with fb through email, they gave me a link to a non working form, and now I'm back at square one. This is so frustrating.  Help us out please shopify!!! 

JJ-miras
Tourist
7 0 9

Same thing. Please help us Shopify.

Largen
Excursionist
10 0 8

Same problem, I've been looking for an answer for 2 months: /

User13
Visitor
2 0 3

Same with me. Can't publish shop.

ericnortheast
Tourist
3 0 1

I have several issues when listing my facebook account that it for some reason published in an account that is not supported I see coffee and it put it in medical and rejected , I unfortunately am not getting any help either by face book or spiffy, I am looking to just try to restart over and upload again, any one have the same issues . thank you for any help 

User13
Visitor
2 0 3

I linked my facebook with shopify and all the listings were rejected. Then I deleted all my listings and added each item manually. Made sure I do not mention any medical term. Just the basic info about the product. Then it got approved. But still in the shop, sometimes 1 listing is there, sometimes 3 are there, sometimes listings are there but images are missing. It changes everyday. When I go to my catalog to check, there everything is perfect. So I have given up. There is no way to contact anyone at facebook. For the merchant agreement issue, make sure you have return policy listed on your website or shop. 

I hope someone is able to crack it.

myrosalyn
Visitor
2 0 4

Same issue! I've spent hours on this problem over the last several months. I've gone back and forth with FB customer service, and they can't find anything wrong. I think this must be a problem with Shopify's FB integration. Shopify, please help!

LBeauty
Excursionist
21 0 4

any luck yet? im still unable to find FB customer service 

myrosalyn
Visitor
2 0 4
They haven’t been very helpful yet, but I was able to contact Facebook
through the commerce manager using the instructions listed here:
https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2476867112525530?id=353836851981351
LBeauty
Excursionist
21 0 4

hanks but unfortunately I don't have that option 😞

Laurenkaye
Visitor
1 0 0

I have to agree in regards to the integration it was fine before they disconnected the old Facebook channel under apps and changed over to the new one, since the new one I’ve encountered all these problems as soon as I clear the errors in my Facebook commerce to go under review again more errors come up so frustrating I feel Shopify need to provide us with answers! 

Jmalota
Visitor
2 0 0

ughhh --- same here. 

KarlaKeush
Excursionist
18 0 5

I'm having the same problem!! Nobody, neither in FB nor in shopify could help me. They both said I have to wait. But I don't know wait for what.

Anybody solved it by waiting?

Thanks!!

LBeauty
Excursionist
21 0 4

im going through the same process. its been a quite a few days with no assistance. can even get my instagram set up for shop. ive contacted Shopify for assistance and they stated its a FB issue. this is sooooo stupid! I have 4 items in review, which I fixed and adjusted. I finally got them approved after requesting a review. now I have no review option to click on to get my page published. no ways to contact FB 

sophiagarcia
Excursionist
15 0 1

If the Shop section isn't appearing on your Facebook Page, then make sure that there are no errors on the Facebook channel in Shopify, your Facebook Page is published, and your Facebook Page is using the Shopping template. You might need to enable the Shop section in Facebook.

Hope you got your answer

Thanks
Sophia Garcia - Creative Director - UMC Canada
LBeauty
Excursionist
21 0 4

thanks but there is an error. ive tried for days to contact both fb and Shopify with no assistance. FB only gives you 3 reviews which I had no idea about as im new to Shopify. I cant get no more reviews, nor can I contact anyone. ive even tried to delete FB fro Shopify to retry and still no luck get support.jpeg

Largen
Excursionist
10 0 8

Okay. I have got good news to you. 

I was able to contact facebook support. They suggested that I verify my account. It was about "Company Verification" in the "Security Center". You must send documents confirming the conduct of business there.

Then I asked Facebook support to re-verify my store and it finally worked!

You are probably wondering how I managed to contact Facebook support? Here is the answer.

That little question mark in the "Sales" section in the Facebook Business manager. Click and select "Contact Help Center". Support should contact you within 24 hours.

Largen_0-1614890545835.png

I hope this helps you. Good luck!

LBeauty
Excursionist
21 0 4

thats great to hear!. do you have much engagement on your FB page or followers?

drichardson
Excursionist
22 0 5

Did you ever get this issues resolved? I'm having the same issue with one of my shops. The first one I set up without any issues at all, but my second shop I can't figure it out and I have the same error message showing up in Shopify. 

Chay12
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey, 

Would you mind showing me how you could do that, currently having trouble. 

Thanks 

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1128

Hi there, this is my recommendation for your issue. You need to link fanpage on Facebook to your store via the Business Manager page. The product will automatically be uploaded to your FB store. Pay attention to Facebook terms as some products will not be displayed if they violate the policy terms. 

Hope this helps! 

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify
KarlaKeush
Excursionist
18 0 5

Hi, 

I though that was done, how do you link the fan page?

Thanks

ericnortheast
Tourist
3 0 1

Yes I am all set now , just trying to learn how to build and add new pages or updates to keep it fresh weekly . but looks like working good now  Thank you 

LBeauty
Excursionist
21 0 4

im not sure of how to do this. ive been back and forth with a rep and this was my latest response :

<html><body>

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for your response.

We also have noticed that it is showing that your account is still young as you have created your Facebook Page - Lavishh Behaviour on (5th March 2021).

This means that if your business is new at creating a presence on Facebook or Instagram.

If your business is new at creating a presence on Facebook or Instagram, we may need to see more activity that demonstrates trustworthiness. This may include compliant activity in your organic presence, such as Pages or Accounts, or your ad presence.

Failure to satisfy these requirements at any time may lead to loss of access to Facebook Commerce surfaces, Commerce features, or may lead to your account being disabled. Facebook Commerce surfaces include, but are not limited to, Facebook Shops, Facebook Page Shops, Marketplace Stores, Live Shopping, and Instagram Shopping.

Currently, we cannot divulge more information about this, but you will need a combination of higher follower count and legitimate activities (posts, comments, likes, and so forth) on your account.

We appreciate you for taking time to check and verify using the links that I have provided that your account has no issues.

Should the option to appeal is not yet available at this moment, we highly suggest that you check this option from time to time until Facebook is able to verify this, then the option to appeal will be made available to you in future.

I hope the above clarifies.

Should there be anything else that we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. We are more than happy to help you out.

Moreover , please help us improve by completing a short survey about your experience. You'll receive the survey in a few minutes.

Once again for contacting Commerce Facebook Concierge Support.

Have a great day ahead and stay safe always!

Regards,

Vee
Facebook Concierge Support | To learn more about supporting your business with Facebook visit: https://www.facebook.com/business/boost/resource and https://fb.me/learn-blueprint