Can't publish my facebook shop

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi there,

I have spent so much time on this and triple checked everything, and i still cant publish my facebook shop to enable instagram shopping. I have no idea what i have done wrong but when i go to publish the publish button is greyed out. When I place the cursor over the greyed out publish button it says 'this cannot be published as my commerce account didn't pass the review'. Also when i go to my commerce account everything seems to be working fine. And when i go to my catalogue manager is says:

"Your shop can't be published
After reviewing your commerce account, we found that it doesn't follow our Merchant Agreement so your shop isn't visible to potential customers. You can contact support for more information."
All my accounts are approved and linked, and my instagram shopping is ready to go, all that is left to do is publish my shop, but I am unable to. 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Anna
Highlighted
2 0 0

I've been struggling with the same thing. 

I was still setting the shop up when I started the facebook integration to get the pixel going. I thought I'll do the commerce integration as well as its all combined now - big mistake as its triggered some kind of problem with the merchant agreement and I now get the same message.

I think it requires a human review at FB. Now we're in Q4 that's taking ages. I've been waiting more than a week for a response from Facebook support. 

Would love to know if there's a different solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I encounter the same issue. Exactly the same. Request to reconsider for more than 2 weeks, no response. Very useless customer support.

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue: Facebook customer service is terrible too I've requested 3 reviews, spoken to the business live chat and they just send you round in circles.

I found this: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

If you put the Shopify Product URL into the debugger, it tells you what Facebook may read as an issue with the page (i think!) 

I got this warning: 

Missing Properties
The following required properties are missing: fb:app_id

https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/Can-not-be-published-Please-contact-Facebook-for-more/...

Why doesn't Facebook tell you WHY it can't be published? Surely this would save both parties lots of time. 
0 Likes